Side by Side Fermenter/Keggerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey odd question, and I know this is a bit of an old thread. Do you happen to still have the Kenmore wiring diagram?

Of course I have it, as the "Beast" is still running! This is the Kenmore Schematic. Its not the one for this build, but for my Black & Red Kegerator. On my fridge, its kept in the front kick-plate. Just pull it off and its folded up and stuck into the back of the plate. On the Maytag (this build) it was located inside the control housing in the top inside portion of the fridge.

Kenmore Fridge Schematic.jpg

Sweet! That is the exact same model that I have. There wasn't a wiring diagram in the used one that I got. Wiring looks pretty much the same as the maytag, although the diagram is right? Thanks for the help sir.

Hey, on your Kenmore build, did you put the freezer side controller on the orange or black wire? I'm a little confused as to how it goes through the defrost board.

Hey, on your Kenmore build, did you put the freezer side controller on the orange or black wire? I'm a little confused as to how it goes through the defrost board.

Looking at the schematic, since you want to keep the Defrost Timer working, I would splice into the Black and White wires running to the Electronic Defrost Control (I'm assuming you are installing STC-1000's) and attach the Black (hot) to terminal #1 and the White (neutral) to terminal #2 to power up the STC. Now, since the STC is taking the place of the old thermostat, disconnect the Orange and Red wires from the old thermostat and connect them to the STC Cooling Terminals #7 & #8. Of course hook your Temp Sensor to terminals #3 & #4, and there is no heat involved with the Freezer side so the Heating Terminals #5 & #6 will have nothing attached to them.

Latest posts

Back