Custom Shelves for Brewery Bling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonZwicky

Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time, money and effort in the last year trying to build my brewery. I've kept my eye on the prize: ten gallon all grain batches. How much have I brewed yet? Not a drop... but I'm almost there!

One of my big problems right now is the overflow of beer bling in my limited man-space...

Here's some pics:

img18470.jpg

img1843o0.jpg

img18440.jpg

img1845og.jpg

The idea is that these will be big enough to contain all the items in my brewery, but be easy to disassemble for moving or storage. I've been toiling with them for a while now, but I'm almost done... just a little more sanding and finish work on the supports. My plan is to have them completed and assembled by Saturday night.

More to come soon...

Uhh... I've posted about 8 pics so far (I can see them in my browser...). As far as pics of the assembled shelves, you will have to wait a couple of days for it all to come together. Sorry, this is pretty much a teaser thread, so far. :D

There's something seriously wrong here if you've gotten all that blingage together but haven't brewed a drop yet!! (Although I learned quickly once I finished my brewstand that suddenly having ten gallons of beer at a time meant I needed a kegerator STAT!)

I can't see the pics, you need to change a setting or something so that non premium members can see them.

Sorry guys, I'll try to figure this out as soon as I can. Can't do it today, as I'm leaving for work. If someone knows what setting I need to change, please PM me or post the solution so I can correct it as soon as I get home.

Don't know if you changed a setting or anything, but the pictures are showing up for me. Those shelves look great. How deep are they?

Alright... I'm working on fixing this. Just sent a message to admins... hoping someone can provide an easy solution to the problem. I've always just upoaded pics to my gallery, then linked to the url there. Never had a problem until now.

I know I can have a third party (i.e. Photobucket) host the images, but I'd rather not go that route, if I don't have to. But, I'll do whatever needs to be done, I just don't know how timely it will be. I'm kind of up against a hard deadline with this build (less than 48 hours to go). I'll keep taking photos as I go, but I'll refrain from posting any more until I figure out how to make them universally visible.

I clicked on your gallery and looked at all the pictures in it and I saw no beer shelves in there either? Are you sure they uploaded to your gallery????

I clicked on your gallery and looked at all the pictures in it and I saw no beer shelves in there either? Are you sure they uploaded to your gallery????

I too click on his gallery, it started with wooden boxes with bottles, clicked all the way through until I ended up at the wooden boxes with bottles again. no Bling Bling shelves

-=Jason=-

Ok it seems that only "supporting" members can see them I guess is all I can figure?

Somewhere you must have checked some setting to make the pics visable to paying members.

From admins: It's being looked into. Someone appears to be tinkering with my gallery as we speak. It occured to me that maybe I should have resized the images before posting... They were a little hefty at one meg apiece.

Akthor, I don't think it's a "supporting" members issue, or it's not supposed to be. I think it should be resolved soon.

How could you have posted over 200 times here and not have brewed?

pretty easy actually. get hooked before you have a kit. ask lots of questions and help other people out from the knowledge you have gained.

I have yet to brew my first batch as well.

-=Jason=-

The only folks claiming to see anything are supporting members. Those of us who are not can't even see the pics in your gallery let alone here. Maybe theres a "members only" gallery?

I believe that tank is military surplus, intended to hold about 10 gallons of hot coffee. Someone gave it to my dad years ago, but he never found a real use for it. It is all stainless, double walled and insulated. I thought it might make an awesome fermenter, but all the insulation would probably not allow yeast generated heat to escape.

I've decided to use it as my HLT. I should be able to fill it with sparge water during the mash and have it keep a pretty steady temp. The threaded connections for the vent and spigot just happen to be "beer thread." You may be able to see that I've replaced the original spout with a micromatic shut off valve.

As for having not brewed... It's really been about ecomomics and patience, and wanting to have kick ass brewery... my rationale is that I could take the money I would be spending on ingredients and invest it in equipment. It's also giving me time to do a lot of research, here and elsewhere.

The good news: I should be able to brew something next week during my vacation... Sweet!

Don't know if you changed a setting or anything, but the pictures are showing up for me. Those shelves look great. How deep are they?

Thanks, KurtB. At the deepest point they are two feet. When assembled, the unit will be 6 feet wide and just over 6 feet tall. My work area is windy. My original design sketch has probably long since floated down the bayou, unfortunately. I'll post more precise dimensions once I get it assembled and can remeasure.

images aren't showing up here, but I am able to click vonZwicky's gallery and look. very nice.

-=Jason=-

EDIT: never mind I can't see his pics....it was other members photos.

I have a couple of ideas of what might be wrong, and how to fix it, but I just don't have the time to do it until tomorrow. Sorry folks... off to work again...

Ok... after some editing, I believe this problem is solved. Everyone should be able to see the pics now. Sorry that this thread started out like a monkey trying to eff a football. I hope to post more tomorrow (or, later today). It's after 4 in the morning, and I'm really tired... goodnight everybody in homebrewtalk land!

Ok... after some editing, I believe this problem is solved. Everyone should be able to see the pics now. Sorry that this thread started out like a monkey trying to eff a football. I hope to post more tomorrow (or, later today). It's after 4 in the morning, and I'm really tired... goodnight everybody in homebrewtalk land!

Well, it looks like the monkey was victorious. Those shelves look awesome man!

Finally finished this sucker up, right on schedule. This is how it all went down:

I had to spend some time watching the last coat of varnish dry.

img1856l.jpg

There's something seriously wrong here if you've gotten all that blingage together but haven't brewed a drop yet!! (Although I learned quickly once I finished my brewstand that suddenly having ten gallons of beer at a time meant I needed a kegerator STAT!)

I agree - get brewing, man!

img1866p.jpg

img18690.jpg

These carriage bolts (16, total) are responsible for holding the entire structure together.

img1871v.jpg

These angled braces on the backside take the wobble out, make shelves "strong like bull."

img1872w.jpg

Back