Morgantown brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roo77

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm moving to Morgantown from Salt Lake and wondering if there's anyone out here who brews and meets up a few times (believe it or not, Salt Lake was pretty ripe with brewers/breweries ;) ).

Been at this game for about 5 years, only done all-grain. Got rid of a lot of my set up from the last two moves, so looking to rebuild...brewed a heather ale a few weeks ago; taste test pending...

Anyways, would love to meet up with any fellow brewers out in these hills! Just curious if I'll be firing up the burner solo or not ;)

There are two pretty active groups in the area. The Morgantown Area Society of Homebrewers (MASH) are pretty active in Morgantown, with regular meetings and tastings at local establishments. Check them out at http://www.mashwv.com, or on Facebook using their full name.

About 15 miles down I-79, you also have the Fairmont Homebrewers Club. They also meet monthly, and host a great annual fundraiser called Homebrewers Against Hunger, which was mentioned in another thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=541748. They are most active on Facebook, I believe.

MASH and Fairmont Home Brewers Club are both good clubs. The thing that the area is really lacking is a home brew supply shop. There are two places in Morgantown where you can get grains, extract, and a few supplies (Slight Indulgence and All U Need). Washington, PA (~50 miles to the north) has a good shop. And Clarksburg, WV (~40 miles to the south) has 3 places that each contributes in their own way. I find that most people end up ordering online, which is a bit of a shame.

Good luck! And if you're in the area before Saturday, the Homebrewers Against Hunger is coming up in Fairmont like TJ said. Live music, raffle prizes, cold beer.

Hi guys, I'm moving to Morgantown from Salt Lake and wondering if there's anyone out here who brews and meets up a few times (believe it or not, Salt Lake was pretty ripe with brewers/breweries ;) ).

Been at this game for about 5 years, only done all-grain. Got rid of a lot of my set up from the last two moves, so looking to rebuild...brewed a heather ale a few weeks ago; taste test pending...

Anyways, would love to meet up with any fellow brewers out in these hills! Just curious if I'll be firing up the burner solo or not ;)

Did you end up moving to WV?

Latest posts

Back