Black Hops-Black Friday Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
We will have amazing prices on a ton of hops for this up coming Black Friday sale. Prices start at $.65/oz and will include at least 15 varieties of hops.

Supplies will be limited on all varieties so check us out early because they will go fast.

Some varieties included in this sale will be: Cascade, Columbus, Palisade, Tettnang, Mt. Hood and many more.

They will be 2010, we are just now starting to see 2011 hops. Our first shipment of 2011 hops will be in this week and will include the Zythos, Falconer's Flight and Falconer's Flight 7 C's.

I was thinking of starting the sale at Midnight and letting it run till Midnight Friday or until the allotted amount of each hops are sold out, thoughts?

agreed, now please. Black Friday is a gimmic. You'll still sell out of everything.

Sounds like Midnight to Midnight is a great idea. Will set my alarm.

Will you post a list of the hops and prices in advance?

I was thinking of starting the sale at Midnight and letting it run till Midnight Friday or until the allotted amount of each hops are sold out, thoughts?

Just a thought (since you asked)...
You will be competing with every other retailer's Black Friday sale on Black Friday. I have about 30 things to buy from about 10 different stores at midnight on Thursday night. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I can see how it would be easy for people to overlook this sale dealing with all of their other purchases for Christmas presents, home electronics, etc. Why not stand out by doing it a day early or something? The risk is...nothing, really. If you don't sell out, you just continue the sale through the following day.

I disagree with ocluke... it's all about prioritizing. I'll buy some midnight hops over fighting some middle-aged crazed lunatic looking for a effin flat panel TV anyday.

I disagree with ocluke... it's all about prioritizing. I'll buy some midnight hops over fighting some middle-aged crazed lunatic looking for a effin flat panel TV anyday.

^^This +1. We brew because we're obsessed with it. LET THE BLACK FRIDAY HOP MADNESS BEGIN :rockin:

I'll buy some midnight hops over fighting some middle-aged crazed lunatic looking for a effin flat panel TV anyday.

I was referring to shopping online for Black Friday deals. Does anyone go into brick and mortar stores for Black Friday sales anymore? That's so 2009 :)

Can I assume it will start midnight CST?

That's a great question... what midnight time zone? Also... if we "pre-load" our cart before midnight... then checkout post midnight... will the new black friday rate apply :D

Yes, Central standard time.

Who's brewing Friday while all the ladies are out shopping? I'm re-brewing an oatmeal stout that I brewed a month ago, have to tweek the recipe.

Will hit the sale Thu. @ midnight but I will be hunting Fri. all day. I want to be as far away from commerce as possible on Black Friday..

I tell you what. If I bag both the 8 point white tale buck and the mulie doe I have scouted I will have one processed into jerky and send you some...

Nice, good luck.

We just found out that we will receive our shipment of Falconer's flight, 7 C's and Zythos for the sale on Friday. So we should have around 20 hops for the Black hop sale.

Cheers,

John

Stay tuned for more info

is it officially 12:01 p.m. central on Friday or are you still taking suggestions? If so, i suggest 11:00 A.M. eastern time on Friday afternoon. I plan on having a few beers on thanksgiving and plan on being asleep by midnight

is it officially 12:01 p.m. central on Friday or are you still taking suggestions? If so, i suggest 11:00 A.M. eastern time on Friday afternoon. I plan on having a few beers on thanksgiving and plan on being asleep by midnight

Quoted for the truth. :tank:

We will start the sale on Thursday night but I think there will be enought hops available Friday.

A limited supply of Zythos, Falconer's and 7 C's will be $.99/oz. After that they will go back to their already low price of $1.25/oz

We also have:

Cascade
Warrior
Palisade
Tettnang
Opal
Saphir
Northdown
Challenger
Mt. Hood
Chinook
Columbus
Nugget

There will be others but I cannot remember off the top of my head.

John

It is a blend of hops that start with the letter C. I just smelled and tasted them, they are really nice. I can't wait to brew with these.

I heard Zythos is a C blend, is that right?
Seems to be conflicting info on this... I've read that Zythos is a blend, and
I've also read the following from July, 2011:

"Introducing, ZYTHOS
The third and final release form Hopunion tells of yet another new variety that they will soon breed and offer brewers. They explain that the demand for “unique IPA style hops” is as strong as ever and that varieties like Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra, and Palisade have been very successful for them. The need for a new and exciting hop that “replicates the chemical structure of the finest IPA/Pale Ale finishing hops” is needed.
Hopunion worked with Alpha Analytics to create a hop that “delivers aggressive alpha acid levels, balanced beta acid levels and low co-Humulone levels for a smooth finish”. The new hop is called ZYTHOS and is named after the traditional Greek word for beer. The target alpha and beta percentages are 9.4 and 5.5 respectively. I can’t wait to see what our local brewers come up with to display the unique characteristics of this hop. I have a strong sense that it’s going to impress the hop lovers amongst us."

Source: Beer Blotter: Seattle based. World focused. » ZYTHOS

Regardless... I'm buying both to play with!
Cheers!
Mike

question about Citra, is it that it's a newer hop and the plants have yet to make higher yields, or the demend for this product is so high.

Back