Looking for a recipe for Cranberry/ Apple Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully123

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this website and new to brewing... my local orchard has a bunch of leftover apples in his cooler and is looking to get rid of them, so i'd like to make 5 gallons of a cranberry/ apple cider and 5 gallons of regular cider. A good friend of mine just bottled 5 gallons of apple cider that was excellent and i'd like to make my own. His was very tart and dry and that's how I liked it. I believe he used chamagne yeast in his which is what, from what i've read, caused the dryness to a certain degree. If somebody could give me a fairly simple recipe for 5 gallons of that cranberry/ apple cider made with freshly squeezed apples i would really appreciate it.

Check the recipe section or use the search function. There is a lot of info. Good Luck..Where the hell is Fonda NY?

Hi, I'm new to this website and new to brewing... my local orchard has a bunch of leftover apples in his cooler and is looking to get rid of them, so i'd like to make 5 gallons of a cranberry/ apple cider and 5 gallons of regular cider. A good friend of mine just bottled 5 gallons of apple cider that was excellent and i'd like to make my own. His was very tart and dry and that's how I liked it. I believe he used chamagne yeast in his which is what, from what i've read, caused the dryness to a certain degree. If somebody could give me a fairly simple recipe for 5 gallons of that cranberry/ apple cider made with freshly squeezed apples i would really appreciate it.

This is the simplest recipe I know of, it's about as goof-proof as they get; and you can use your fresh-pressed juice. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/man-i-love-apfelwein-14860/ You'll want to sanitize your must with campden tabs since it's not paturized, and wait at least 12 hrs before pitching your yeast. Use your choice of yeast & your choice of sugar type(s). You can use plain old ordinary cane sugar if you want. There are a LOT of variations on the recipe in that thread, have fun parusing them. Regards, GF.

Back