wilserbrewer BIAB bags, March Madness free shipping offer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilserbrewer

BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Sale continues through "March Madness" NCAA Tournament April 8th

Being a new vendor, I thought I would run a little "March Madness" sale. Through March we will offer free shipping (US domestic, Canada $5 additional) on custom sized BIAB bags to fit any kettles or keggles up to 20 gallons. Bags are constructed of polyester voile material and are double stitched on a new Brother 1034D Serger machine for very nice stitch quality. The bags are very durable and come with a 1/8" poly braid drawstring that is very strong (200 lb break strength). I have done grain bills close to 40 pounds without issue. I ran some strength tests a while back and posted findings here...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/biab-polyester-voile-strength-test-384445/

Please be sure to include kettle height and width with your order to assure a nice fit. Thank you and happy brewing!

http://biabbags.webs.com/

A few photos below:

Typical 15 gal bag

brewbag_zpsc865cec3.jpg

Hop bag for boil kettle, or dry hopping...approx. 12" X 28" only $5 w/ any purchase

hopbag_zps6c3067f5.jpg

Bag detail, very heavily stitched at critical points...strong drawstring, 200 lbs break strength

sergerdrawstring_zps3af3b016.jpg

1/8" poly braid cord rope ratchet locking pulley, rated for 75 lbs. Excellent little pully ratchet to aid in hoisting BIAB with lock feature to hang and drain bag over kettle, only $5 w/ purchase.

roperatchet_zps2a18b4b8.jpg

Also offering Triple Play Deal, BIAB Bag, hop bag, and ratchet pulley for $28 shipped....cheers! See site for details http://biabbags.webs.com/

Do you not make bags for kettles over 20 gallons, or is that just not included in the sale? I'm gonna be building my new system with a Bayou Classic 1102 which is a 25g kettle and steamer basket. How much would a bag be for that basket? I believe the basket is 17.25" D X 21 H. Thanks.

Do you not make bags for kettles over 20 gallons, or is that just not included in the sale?

mikeysab,

Not a problem, that steamer is a reasonable size and I can hold the $20 sale price.

I can make any size bag, width is really more of an issue than depth. The poly voile roll size limits bag width to about an 18.5" diameter kettle for a basic bag, sizing above that is not a problem, just a little more work. Please contact me if you need a large kettle bag.

ordered could not find a way to order more than 1

Hey I'm sorry, my web site is a little crik, I'm a much better bag maker than web designer haha!

I am happy to offer further discounts for multiple bag orders...

lets say...

One bag shipped domestic US....$20
Two bags shipped domestic US...$38
additional bags shipped domestic ....$17
hop bags $4 w/ any order
Shipping to Canada $5 additional

got mine today.......ever think about putting on one of those plastics thingies to snug up the bag at the top? you know, one of those drawstring thingies?

Yes, actually I have given some thought to using "drawstring thingies" or a cordlock on the bags drawstring, but I have found that it is very secure to fasten the bag to the kettle lip with binder clips...perhaps a few more seconds work, but they do the intended job very well.
I use a few binder clips when I BIAB and would recommend them.

binder_clip-772946_zpsfc62660b.jpg

Talk about fast shipping! Got mine in the mail today. Great quality and fits perfectly. Will check in after brew day

The "March Madness" free shipping offer will continue until the end of the NCAA tournament on April 8, 2013. All bags up to 20 gallons ship free for $20.00 (domestic USA, Canada $5 additional)

Also, we have sourced some very handy rope ratchet pulleys that are an excellent fit for BIAB lifting. Comes with 8' long 1/8" poly braid cord with a rated working load of 75 lbs. The best feature is the ratchet lock mechanism for hands free operation while leaving the bag hanging and draining. Only $5 each, so with the current sale, bag and pulley shipped is only $25.

roperatchet_zps2a18b4b8.jpg

What the heck, the next bag order will recieve a free 1/8" rope ratchet pulley upon request.:mug:
Please respond to this thread to claim your free pulley.

Thank you,
wilserbrewer

I was just getting ready to order from your site and was asking how I could add the pulley. Glad I read through the rest of the thread! Can I just place my order on your website then?

Been lurking on here to learn about BIAB the past few months, going to brew my first batch in a couple of weeks. I'm pumped!

Cheers...

Yes Warner, please order on the site, please also include your kettle dimensions and "free pulley" offer in the "note to seller" with your paypal payment...hop bags are a $4 dollar add if you are interested.

The web site check out is not so great...you can also just make a payment to the paypal address referenced during check-out. Thanks for your interest.

M. Wilser

What are the dimensions of the hop bag? I use a hop spider and about 16" long would work out great.

What are the dimensions of the hop bag? I use a hop spider and about 16" long would work out great.

The hop bags I have made are pretty large, like 10-12" X 28"...If you give your desired dimensions, I'd be happy to stitch it up. Sorry, but the $4 hop bag price only works with the purchase of a BIAB bag, but I could do $12 shipped for a hop bag, or $24 shipped for both a hop bag and kettle BIAB bag.

Thanks,
M. Wilser

wilserbrewer said:
The hop bags I have made are pretty large, like 10-12" X 28"...If you give your desired dimensions, I'd be happy to stitch it up. Sorry, but the $4 hop bag price only works with the purchase of a BIAB bag, but I could do $12 shipped for a hop bag, or $24 shipped for both a hop bag and kettle BIAB bag.

Thanks,
M. Wilser

I was planning to get at least 1 maybe 2 BIAB bags and was curious about the size of the hop bags. I'll probably get 1 or 2 of those too.

Wish it was that easy. The bag is only the first piece of my new ebiab system. Still working out the details of how i wanna buikd it out.

Thought I missed the sale, but it got even better. Glad I checked back, just placed my order.

Nice I will be ordering both bag and pulley when I get home tonight need to measure my pot dimensions.

Nice I will be ordering both bag and pulley when I get home tonight need to measure my pot dimensions.

Sorry guys! Pulleys are currently out of stock but new shipment is expected in about a week...my apologies, didn't expect this kind of movement. Will update as new inventory arrives. Again, my apologies.

wilserbrewer

Yes please order, but shipping will be delayed a week. I'm certain they are coming, just don't have them in hand. Sorry for the delay.

Wilserbrewer

Got my custom bag and a hop bag. Perfect fit and should work well. Hop bag should be more durable than the paint strainer bags I normally use for hops.

Got my custom bag and a hop bag. Perfect fit and should work well. Hop bag should be more durable than the paint strainer bags I normally use for hops.

Glad to hear your bag fits well, haha. Yes the hop bags are sturdy and should last a long time.

We have recently added what we call the "Triple Play Combo", which is a BIAB bag, a Hop Bag, and a Ratchet Pulley. Discounted price is $28 plus $3 shipping.

details here... http://biabbags.webs.com/

Thanks again,
Mike

I recently saw a bag with four climbing carabiners (sp?) sewn to it, for use with a ratchet system. Could you do this? I always struggle tying the bag to the hook. Btw, I have 2 of your bags, they are great.

I recently saw a bag with four climbing carabiners (sp?) sewn to it, for use with a ratchet system. Could you do this? I always struggle tying the bag to the hook. Btw, I have 2 of your bags, they are great.

LabRat,
Yes, I am familiar with bag handles, the bag you referenced comes with nylon webbing attachment points, not the carabiners. I have considered adding handles to my product line, but don't feel they are worth the added expense. Bags with handles are $35 shipped, my bags are only $23 shipped, In my humble opinion an expense most are not looking for.

When I BIAB brew, I have no issues securing the bag to the ratchet pulley. I intend to post a bag hoisting tutorial soon on HBT as well as my site to clearly show the process I use.

Thanks for your purchases and support!

Regards,
wilserbrewer

Very happy with this bag. Second time using it today, will last for several more batches at least. I ordered before the pulleys were being added, but here's mine atop my $5 BBQ grate dripping into my kettle after a mash out. 75% efficiency both times I've used this bag. Works great

View attachment 115529

Very happy with the quality of the bag, looking forward to doing my first biab with it. It looks like it will hold up for many brews to come.

Chris

Back