Using a Vaporizor to flavor hops?>????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtypirate23

Reaction score
This seems off the wall....has anyone used a vaporizor to flavor hops so when added to secondary fermentation they can have flavors??

I would think you would get a more pleasant, sustained, light hop aroma with the vapor than the boil.

As for adding flavor, lets say you wanted grape flavored hops. I dont know why, but you do. Why not just soak the hops in grape juice, and use the grape juice with the now soggy hops in secondary?

I would think you would get a more pleasant, sustained, light hop aroma with the vapor than the boil.

As for adding flavor, lets say you wanted grape flavored hops. I dont know why, but you do. Why not just soak the hops in grape juice, and use the grape juice with the now soggy hops in secondary?

BECAUSE......Hops are naturally anti bacterial. Grapejuice or Grape "flavoring" to date, are decidedly NOT antibacterial.

BECAUSE......Hops are naturally anti bacterial. Grapejuice or Grape "flavoring" to date, are decidedly NOT antibacterial.

Soooo, antibacterial hops + juice = non-antibacterial? I guess dry hopping kegs of beer to preserve them would be completely useless :D

Soooo, antibacterial hops + juice = non-antibacterial? I guess dry hopping kegs of beer to preserve them would be completely useless :D

Hahaha...you have to factor in the high alcohol level when dry hopping.

Dry hop some juice and leave it unrefridgerated and see how long it is free from mold.;)

Yes i am a dirty effing pirate....but look, being a chef we sometimes vaporize herbs to add aroma and deeper flavor to dishes...so I was thinking well if i want a deep say corriander flavor add it to the secondary plus scented hops for an extra kick....Does that seem crazy?

Yes i am a dirty effing pirate....but look, being a chef we sometimes vaporize herbs to add aroma and deeper flavor to dishes...so I was thinking well if i want a deep say corriander flavor add it to the secondary plus scented hops for an extra kick....Does that seem crazy?

Yes. It just isn't necessary. Whatever you were going to spray on the hops, just put it in the boil or in secondary or whatever. Or just spray it on your naughty parts and waggle that in secondary....that is really what you wanted isn't it? You dirty pirate.;)

Yes thats exactly what i want to do ;-) lol, no i was just thinking about different flavor possibilities and extracting most flavor and with a vaporizor i can extract at higher puerer temps then just boiling or leaving in my secondary and possibly contracting either positive or negative ions that can make my beer cloudy

Sometimes I skip making and drinking beer altogether and just do a line of hops.

That burns a bit and I end up sneezing out creamed spinach for a week. What's your secret?

Yes thats exactly what i want to do ;-) lol, no i was just thinking about different flavor possibilities and extracting most flavor and with a vaporizor i can extract at higher puerer temps then just boiling or leaving in my secondary and possibly contracting either positive or negative ions that can make my beer cloudy

Well now I'm intrigued.....Since you are going to put your naughty bits in the fermenter, that is.;)

So the vaporizer works how? and the ions work also how?

Cheezydemon3 the vaporizor is a very intriguing machine. How it works is at extracts flavors (or pure thc in the netherlands) and tempuratures that you control. You first start out around 140 degrees and work your way up to 200 or higher depending on what your machine goes to. As far as my ion babble, when protein structure in beer (aka your different grains hops and filler) start to coagulate to form your wart, positive and negative ions (these are the particles that can make your beer un pure) form. In order for there to be no further particles in your beer, my theory is to vaporize flavors so its a pure beer

Cheezydemon3 the vaporizor is a very intriguing machine. How it works is at extracts flavors (or pure thc in the netherlands) and tempuratures that you control. You first start out around 140 degrees and work your way up to 200 or higher depending on what your machine goes to. As far as my ion babble, when protein structure in beer (aka your different grains hops and filler) start to coagulate to form your wart, positive and negative ions (these are the particles that can make your beer un pure) form. In order for there to be no further particles in your beer, my theory is to vaporize flavors so its a pure beer

PEOPLE!!!!!! I FEEL THAT THERE MAY BE SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT HERE. What is this guy talking about??????

all the chef's i ever knew were big time stoners. $hit, thats probably the only reason i knew them in the first place.
"REEFERS"

Yeah.......a little research says that this is s no go.

All of the uses suggest inhaling the "vegetable" vapor.

I don't think it would do anything as far as flavoring beer or hops.

Some of it is important lol if you dig on the scientific background. I have done lots of research after one batch of my beer was not as clear as i wanted even though i added a clarifying agent during my secondary, thats when i found out that each protein coagulation produces negative and positive ions and different clarifying agents will remove one or the other

Some of it is important lol if you dig on the scientific background. I have done lots of research after one batch of my beer was not as clear as i wanted even though i added a clarifying agent during my secondary, thats when i found out that each protein coagulation produces negative and positive ions and different clarifying agents will remove one or the other

This does seem important.

Back