List Your House Beer(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
I have 2 I consistently brew:

Pale Ale w/pale malt, crystal 60 & wheat British yeast

Belgian ale w/ pilsner malt, wheat chouffe yeast

Hops depend on what I buy that year - this year it's Belma, Fuggles,cascade & goldings

Both at about 1.045

What do you consistently brew?

Still working on mine, but I'm pretty sure I've settled on my brown ale and IPA recipes. I guess I could call them my own recipes, but the brown grew from AHA's Big Brew Day Buck Rub and the IPA from Jamil's BCS recipe.

Working on an American stout and Saison, possibly a Bitter or Dunkelweizen, to add to the lineup as well.

Just a Porter for now that has settled into a consistent recipe. I'm still messing with everything else.

All I have so far is an IPA recipe. Will be tweaking it for a while, but I have a very strong base.

Just did an Amber that I hope to make part of my regular rotation.

It wasn't intentional, but I'm finding there are a few that I always want to put back in rotation: Imperial Red, Citrus Saison, Spiced Porter, Mild, and Pale Ale. Been tweaking the crystal in the APA but think I may have found The One in Tasty McDole's recipe.

Some good ones coming through here.

I think I'm going to work on a house mild next around the 3% mark. I've brewed a rye mild in the past that turned out fantastic but may go traditional.

Or a bass clone but I can't seem to find a base recipe that makes sense - pale malt & crystal 60 is not bass.

I have a solid pale that gets brewed year round (10 gal at a clip, every month-month and a half). MO, crystal 30, carapils. Nugget and Citra. The yeast, I'm thinking of changing it up. While it's hop forward, which I like, it floccs like crap.

American Amber ale hopped lightly with nugget and Willamette. Awesome. The one I would pick if I only could have one.
Porter based on anchor porter.
I like to make a light lager for the summer and SN celebration ale for a well rounded IPA that anyone will drink with me (usually in celebration of running the NYC half marathon). Also yoopers Oktoberfest is the base for my version to be ready for every September.

Haven't brewed the same beer twice yet but I think it'll be my IPA brewed with Columbus, cascade, and centennial hops. I call it "Over the Hop" because I went a little over the top with the hops

What do you consistently brew?

This is a very tasty IIPA base...

1.070 OG / 1.010-1.014 FG

50-60% English 2-row (not Maris Otter)
20-30% American 2-row
6-12% American Red Wheat
5-9% Corn sugar
5-6% Crystal 10 or 20 or 40

High-Alpha American Pacific Northwest Pellet Hops...

25-40 IBUs @ 60 (Columbus/Horizon/Summit/Apollo/Chinook, or Nugget)
20-30 IBUs @ 25 (Columbus/Horizon/Summit/Apollo/Chinook, or Nugget)
1.5 oz. @ 15 (Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, Centennial, Belma, and/or Southern Cross)
1.5 oz. @ 7 (Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, Centennial, Belma, and/or Southern Cross)
2 oz. @ 0 via Warm Aroma Steep (Columbus, Horizon, Summit, Apollo, Chinook, Nugget, Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, Centennial, Belma, and/or Southern Cross)

A fresh, high attenuator, whether American or English, used in an appropriate sized starter and fermented in the low to mid 60s.

4 weeks in the fermentor, including 10 day dryhop (any combo of Columbus, Horizon, Summit, Apollo, Chinook, Nugget, Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, Centennial, Belma, and/or Southern Cross at the ratio of .70 oz. dryhops per gallon of beer).

Yeast Nutrient as well as Gypsum & Calcium Chloride if needed

I always brew a hefeweizen every month. I may try adding some coriander or other hops or yeast to mix it up but I've brewed the same simple recipe at least 7 times since I started brewing nearly a year ago. I need something else like a pale ale or blonde but I just haven't found anything I want in regular rotation.

I only have 2 taps, but I consistently brew either a Bitter or a Dry Irish Stout. I also have a most popular beer, an American Amber. Everyone likes it best so I try to make it more often.

I like to have one tap < 5% ABV and the other > 5% ABV so they both do change. Can't please everyone all of the time!

I just started blogging my beers and put up a list of recent brews here:
http://whitewoodbrewery.us/our-beers/
This list includes only the ones I've made since this summer ("named" beers). I didn't name or label beers prior to my brother's wedding beers.

Back