Yeah WTF?.... This is what I hear last night.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had a few friends over last night and one buddy was brewing his first beer and I was walking him thru it as I was bottling my Irish Stout. My father showed up to see what was going on and have a few beers. I grabbed a bottle of my wheat beer I bottled 7 days ago so that he could see my label on it. The label has our Irish family crest on it. Then all of a sudden I hear, "it's flat, kind of sweet and warm".... I turn around to see what my dad is talking about and he's drinking my beer... I was like "WTF are you doing, I didn't give it to you to drink, it's not ready yet.."
3474921010-angry013.gif

Oh well, now I have 47 bottles of that beer..
beer.gif

On another note, I did drink one of those bottle before we started brewing to see how they were coming along. Upon cracking it open, there was a very faint hiss, not much but it was there and the beer was not bad at all and I'm really looking forward to what it's going to be like in a few more weeks. It was really smooth, soft on the mouth and has a nice orange hint to it ( I had added orange peels to the last few minutes of the boil).. This should be good..

As for the beer we did last night. It was my first PM brew and Craig's first brew all together. It went well and we ended up with 6 gallons when we were done and hit a 1.052 OG when we were shooting for a 1.049.. So good enough.. But I tell you what, if that beer is not infected I was be shocked. I think we did just about every thing short of dropping handfuls of dirt in there.. note to self, don't drink so much when brewing....
nono.gif

david_42 said:
If you didn't want him to drink it, you shouldn't have let go of the bottle!
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I'll remember that for the next time.

he did say after I gave him crap about it, that I needed to give him another bottle so that he can age it a few more weeks. I told him no, I'll give you one when it's ready.
:D

Latest posts

Back