CT Brewers Check-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plantsville here. Have brewing friends nearby too. If you have questions, shoot me a msg. Good luck with your first brew.

Thanks for the welcome.

When i bottle this first batch ill need some input. Would also like to see what/how the more experienced brewers are brewing.

Sat Nov 1st is Learn To Homebrew Day. The club I'm in, Middlesex Malters, will be brewing at least 4 batches of beer at Brew & Wine Hobby in East Hartford for LHBD and anyone that's interested in brewing can stop by and check it out. We'll be brewing 10a to 4p.

Sat Nov 1st is Learn To Homebrew Day. The club I'm in, Middlesex Malters, will be brewing at least 4 batches of beer at Brew & Wine Hobby in East Hartford for LHBD and anyone that's interested in brewing can stop by and check it out. We'll be brewing 10a to 4p.

Good stuff. I am brewing with a few relatively new brewers on Saturday as well. Have a blast. :mug:

Mind if i join you guys and learn a bit? I went over there yesterday and bought my first 5 gal irish red kit that ill be brewimg next week hopefully!

It's open to everyone... come join, ask questions, have some fun.

** on the remote chance The Alchemist has a pop-up can sale that day, I may have to change my plans and head up to VT. ;)

It's brew day (again). What else is new? :D

Hey guys, I'm Jay and Im from Seymour... Maltose Express is my HBS in Monroe...

I'm an All-Grain Electric HERMS coil brewer with Keggles. Currently upgrading to a second pump and adding in weldless whirlpools. I used to brew a lot, but since the move I havnt had the chance, so I'm just brewing for parties and general drinking now.

Hi from Vernon. I'm a pretty new home brewer.

I've done 3 extract/specialty grain batches so far. I started with a Brewer's Best Cream Ale. I got a home brew kit from Cape Cod Beer when the family and I were on vacation and I brewed their Beach Blond Ale. I followed up a couple of weeks ago with a Brewer's Best Oatmeal Stout.

I've been itching to try an all-grain brew and put together a cooler mash tun. I'll be trying a Smithwick's Red Ale clone this coming Sunday (October 26).

The plan is to brew something every 3 - 4 weeks through the winter to have a stock for a charity auction dinner in May.

Mostly, I've been trying different styles to brew and drink to discover what I like most and then settle down a bit and perfect a couple of recipes over the next couple of years. Guess we'll see.

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited:
Moving next week and I dont have room to take my 10gal boil kettle or 8gal fermenting bucket. Anyone interested? $40 for both of em. Each have only been used twice.

Manchester, wow, you're right around the corner. A couple of quick questions:

1. How quickly do you need an answer?
  2. Is it just a straight up kettle, or is there a ball valve and/or thermometer on the kettle?

It will probably be later next week before I'd be able to get to you to pay and pick up.

Im moving next wednesday. And leaving on a work trip tomorrow until sunday night. Making it difficult with the short notice i know but the decision to move was just thrown at me last week.

Since we are in the CT Beer forum, I'd figure I would ask a question... Anyone in Seymour, Ansonia, Oxford, Beacon Falls and knows their water profile? I have Aquarion as my provider so its city. As far as I can tell I have a balanced profile.

Have you contacted them to get your water profile? I am in hamden. Contacted my water co and they sent mgr the water analysis for my address via email within a few hours. Went so far as to explain to me how my water comes from two places and what the differences are. He said he'd be happy to send out updated reports whenever I wanted them.
The report gave me everything I would be looking for you establish a brewing water profile except for bicarbonates.

Give it a short if you haven't already.

Thanks, I'll contact Aquarion about it. I know eventually I should just send a sample to Ward Labs, but I've been lazy...

Last call for a 10gal brew kettle and 8gal fermenter! Moving this week. $40 for both.

Dave fro Bristol here.

been on this site but never saw this forum thought i would say hi to everyone.

Joe from Derby, I also just discovered this part of the forum, if anyones ever looking for a brew buddy PM me

Ditto

Who knew we had so many brewers here from CT?

I have a single tier 3 keg system. Brewing in my garage for the winter. I’ll brew anytime and I welcome others if you want to brew on my setup.

Decide to brew this past Saturday night at 8pm. Was hosing off my kegs at 1:30am. sleep is for the dead.

On tap: Choc Porter, Choc Candy Cane Choc Porter and a couple Lagers just kicked.
But I still have a White wheat citrus spiced (Jesus Juice), IPA or 2, Brown Ale, Vienna Lager (Wife Beater) and maybe something else on tap.

Let’s have a gathering.

Jay

Ditto

Who knew we had so many brewers here from CT?

I have a single tier 3 keg system. Brewing in my garage for the winter. I’ll brew anytime and I welcome others if you want to brew on my setup.

Decide to brew this past Saturday night at 8pm. Was hosing off my kegs at 1:30am. sleep is for the dead.

On tap: Choc Porter, Choc Candy Cane Choc Porter and a couple Lagers just kicked.
But I still have a White wheat citrus spiced (Jesus Juice), IPA or 2, Brown Ale, Vienna Lager (Wife Beater) and maybe something else on tap.

Let’s have a gathering.

Jay

I agree! brewing party? Ive been wanting to team up and attempt a dark lord clone

Let me check with the wife to insure I'm not taking off for the weekend first. If not I'm good to go

Hello Agent. If you're looking for a club, there are a few in the area. I'm involved with Brew Haven, which is New Haven based. There is also the Underground Brewers of CT, which is New Haven-Fairfield and the 2nd oldest consistently run club in the country (I think that's the distinction.)

I'm sure there's other clubs in the area.

Hey JohnnyO,

Thanks! I just joined the Brew Haven Facebook group. Looking forward to learning from you guys, I'm getting ready to switch to all grain this summer now that I have a big backyard. Hope to see you around!

Hello. Im a newbie brewer in Stamford. Just thought I'd say hi. Any clubs down this way?

Hey JohnnyO,

Thanks! I just joined the Brew Haven Facebook group. Looking forward to learning from you guys, I'm getting ready to switch to all grain this summer now that I have a big backyard. Hope to see you around!

Send me a message on the facebook so I can connect you with "you". Our next meeting will be Monday Apr 13 at 7pm at Three Sheets in New Haven if you're interested.

Anyone heard of any semi-local competitions coming up? I have a decent pipeline built up right now and I'd like to get some judge results before I drink it all haha.

Latest posts

Back