Blichmann BeerGun Accessory kit review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abracadabra

Reaction score
I am so POed right now I can hardly see straight

After spending the extra money for the accessory kit for the Blichman BeerGun
so I would not have to shop around for parts and could just go straight to bottling the hose is split where it connects to female gas fitting.

It leaks so bad I can hear it hissing. I double checked all the connectors to make sure it wasn't anything I did. But now I can actually see the split in the hose at the connector.

I understand that there is no such thing as Quality Control any longer at most companies but at the prices Blichmann charges there is no excuse for this.

Hopefully the merchant will be a better experience that the manufactor.

My advice at this point is to make your own accessories. Unless you want to do
Quality Control for Blichmann free of charge.

olllllo said:
You didn't but it directly from Blichmann did you?
Could it have been damaged by the online re-seller?

Still sux.

True I'm just venting argggh

Definately sucks for sure... I hope your retailer will exchange it for you. I use mine and have had nothing but good experiences.

I know one thing though...I damn sure hate ordering something, receiving it with anticipation, only to find its defective. Feels so...empty.

Blichmann Engineering is one of the most customer oriented companys that I have done business with. I had a problem with my Therminator and half of the advertized parts were missing upon receiving it. When contacted John Blichmann did everything except drive to my house to correct the problem. When I E-mailed John I waited about 1hr for a responce and the corrective action, within 2 days the problem was solved with brand new parts. Would I do business with Blichmann Engineering again? In a heart beat!!!!!!!:ban:

In order to be fair and open minded toward Blichmann a picture of the kit shows the Gas line unassembled. Mine arrived assembled who did the assembly Blichmann or Adventrues in Homebrewing at this point in time I can not say.
All I know for sure is I spend $20 for about $12 worth of parts to save time and ended up spending more time than if I done the job myself.

And right now I still don't have a working BeerGun.

I got the accessory kit free when I ordered mine in a promotion. If I had payed the $20, I wouldn't have been happy - it's not worth the money when you can just as easily do it yourself. But, I suppose that's true of just about anything in this hobby.

I asked Blichmann who assembled the gas hose them or the retailer.
To his credit John Blichmann took responsibility and said he'll send out a new gas line.
Still haven't heard back from Adventrues in Homebrewing.

Latest posts

Back