• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jacketed Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P-Lay

Reaction score
SOLD

Hi Everyone. I'm selling a 65L Stainless Steel Jacketed Conical Fermenter. I ordered this from the Zhejiang Dayu Light Industrial Machinery Company in China a few months ago. I believe it is the same company that a few other people on these boards have ordered from somewhat recently. A couple of the threads are here and here. It is brand new. I haven't even taken the plastic wrap off of it yet. I have been too busy to get it set up. Recently, my business hasn't been going so well and I could use the money more than the fermenter. My original plan was to use a chest freezer to chill some glycol to pump through the jacket, like Brewpastor has in some of his pictures.

I ordered this custom made from the factory with a 1.5 inch bottom dump, a 1 inch rotating racking arm port and 1 inch ports for the jacket inlet and outlet. All fittings are 1.5 inch sanitary/tri-clamp style fittings with gaskets (sorry, I can't remember the gasket material). Included with the fermenter are four 3-piece ball valves with clamps. Three of the ball valves are 1 inch and one is a 1.25 inch ball valve for the bottom dump (the bottom dump opening is 1.5 inches, but they made a mistake and included a 1.25 inch valve rather than the 1.5 inch valve).

The top manhole opening is 300 mm (~11.8 inches) and comes with the gasket and clamp to pressurize the vessel. It also has a 3/8 inch threaded connection on top with a 3/8 inch ball valve. The thermometer hole is .25 inches and the thermometer is included and only reads in degrees C.

These fermters can also be pressurized. I liked the idea of being able to ferment, carbonate and lager all in the same vessel. I'm really sorry to see this go, especially because I haven't even had a chance to use it.

(1) Stainless Steel Jacketed Conical Fermenter
-65 Liter Capacity (~17.7 gallons)
-304 Stainless Steel, polished
-300 mm top opening
-Pressurizable to .2 Mpa (~29 psi)
-1.5 inch bottom dump
-1 inch rotating racking arm port
-1 inch jacket inlet and outlet

(3) 1 inch 316 Stainless Ball Valves
(1) 1.25 inch 316 Stainless Ball Valves
(4) 1.5 inch clamps
(8) Tri-clamp/sanitary gaskets
(2) Tri-clamp/sanitary to hose barb adapters
(2) Tri-clamp/sanitary end caps
(1) 3/8 inch FPT ball valve
(1) Thermometer, .25 inches, threaded

Below are some pictures. Please don't ask me any questions regarding the quality of Chinese stainless steel or their welds because I do not know. I have read some threads here on HBT regarding Chinese goods, but cannot remember where they are located. In my opinion everything looks top-notch and I have absolutely no complaints with the quality of the product.

I'm asking $1500 for EVERYTHING. This is what I have invested, so I won't be profiting on this. This includes the cost of the fermenter, shipping, customs, customs broker, etc. The cost of the valves are worth over $500 alone.

Cash Only. Local pick up only because this thing is heavy - about 150 lbs or so. I may be able to drive a reasonable distance to meet someone if necessary. I'm located in Deltona FL, 32738.

If you're interested, please don't IM me. Instead, email me at jpl1079-at-gmail.com. I will try to provide any answers to may need.

EDIT: First one here with the money, gets the fermenter.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

DSCN4095.JPG

DSCN4096.JPG

DSCN4097.JPG

DSCN4098.JPG

The last of them.

EDIT: The tri-clamp end caps and hose barb fittings were purchase at St. Pats and are included.

DSCN4106.JPG

DSCN4109.JPG

DSCN4110.JPG

DSCN4111.JPG

DSCN4119.JPG

I also have a PDF file with the specs, but it's too large to post here. If you email me, I can send it to you.

P-Lay, that's the perfect size that I was asking for in volume with the Chinese units "Bitter CreeK" was posting last year but his were smaller. Too bad i'm on the left coast near the ocean, shipping would kill the deal. That's the perfect size for 15 gallons net of 3 cornys 100% filled. Thanks for the posting plus sorry to see your selling it instead of using it. Best of luck with it. I like it more than the Blichman products bu your photos and design alone not counting the price also. That band clamp is a great design.

BB- thanks for the reply. Yeah, the design is great. Having a manhole at the very top allows you to use the whole volume of the vessel if needed. That band clamp is heavy duty too. I'd definitely trust pressurizing this thing to 30 psi as stated in the specs. I was also really looking forward to seeing how well it responded to temperature changes from pumping a glycol solution through the jacket. I was hoping to be able to lager and carbonate right in the fermenter - how cool is that. Oh well, she'll make somebody happy.

Sold everyone. Thanks for looking. Merry Christmas.

EDIT: Anyone know how to change the prefix on the listing to 'sold'?

Latest posts

Back