• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Magnetic stir plate on Ebay - not mine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet. I've been in the market for one. Was going to buy from Stir Starters, but hey, if I can get a real one for the same price or a little more, why not?

Well, that one won't have a lifetime guarantee and there is still a bit of time left on that auction too.

Sweet. I've been in the market for one. Was going to buy from Stir Starters, but hey, if I can get a real one for the same price or a little more, why not?

How is this stirplate any different than the Stir Starters Stir plate? I know that they both use DC electric motors as the stir mechanism plus the Stir Starters Stir plate comes with a lifetime warranty. The owner of Stir Starters is a member here, so support is a lead pipe cinch.

I agree with Sawdustguy. If you need one don't hesitate to buy from stirstarters.com. I just bought a stir plate from stirstarters.com through ebay and couldn't be happier. I was planning to buy through his website, but saw he had an auction up, so I decided to bid and ended up winning. The stir plate was $26 + $8 shipping + $25 for a 2000 mL flask. He was very quick about responding to emails and shipping. I bought the item over the weekend and it shipped Monday and got to me on Wed. or Thurs. It was very well packed and I've had no issues with it (however, I haven't owned it very long).

I like to support vendors that get good reviews in the forum and vendors that are active in the forum. So far I am 2/2 with great vendors (AHS and Stirstarters).

I certainly don't mean to take away anything Derrin has contributed with his stir plates and other great products. However, it's a great deal on a piece of lab quality machinery. I own an old one and its a tank. Mine has an aluminum body and thick aluminum top that can easily handle a 2000ml flask. I am definately buying thermowells from stirplates.com because its a great deal. Similarly this is a great deal.

sorry about mixing the two up. No doubt its quality stuff. Just passing on a good deal I saw online.

Holy necropost, Batman!

Whoa!

2016-03-09-11-03-49--724971186.jpg

Back