Half the batch, on the floor plus broken glass!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonB

Reaction score
Yeah, what fun bottling is! I (clumsily) knocked over half of my batch while prepping to cap. :mad::mad::mad:

Funny thing, I work for a distributor and had thought of putting each bottle into a separated box, but I didn't bring one home.

I ended up with 24 bottles (well 23 and a half) 2 - 22ozers and one 1 liter growler.

Nice white tile and grout too... that took a good hour to clean and scrub.

I believe I'll look into kegging a bit more seriously.

I also forgot to put my priming sugar in until half the carboy was in the bucket...
This beer better be good. Like damn good, as in the best damn beer I've ever had good. I am doubting it highly though.

Before I got my bottle drying tree I bumped in to all 52 bottles that were up side down on the counter. I did manage to catch, juggles, bobble, fumble all but 2 safely back on to the counter. I went and bought a tree the next morning.

It's stories like these that always bring a tear to my eyes. I'll drink one in honor of your misfortune tonight.

Here's why I fill about 4 and then cap them, put them in boxes or dividers and then go to the next. I also store the empty bottles in the dishwasher and just keep grabbing new ones from there. But I will probably go to kegging soon as well. Need to build my keggerator first.

I store my empty to be filled bottles in the oven laying on their side. I fill 6 at a time, throw them in a 6pack carton and move on.... when I'm not kegging:cross:

Here's why I fill about 4 and then cap them, put them in boxes or dividers and then go to the next. I also store the empty bottles in the dishwasher and just keep grabbing new ones from there. But I will probably go to kegging soon as well. Need to build my keggerator first.

That is the same way I do it, it works out really well.

Guess what I did with all of the bottled beers?
Put them in extra 6 pack carriers I had in the pantry. :drunk:

Cap with a friend. One fills and one caps. If you can find someone you don't really like you can invite them and have them wash the bottles first.

Every time I bottle I tell myself next time I'm building that bottle washer from the DIY section.

Nick

Latest posts

Back