Sanyo kegerator temp problems...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIusedtoBe

Reaction score
Anybody had trouble keeping their Sanyo kegerators adjusted to the right temp? On mine, 5 is not cold enough and 6 = frozen. Very frustrating. I guess i will have to use the temp regulator off my lager fridge.:mad:

Regards,
Alan

I have my Sanyo set on 4 and the temp stays fairly constant, with VERY little cycling of the compressor. What all do you have in it? I only have to cornies; do you have a CO2 tank in there as well? Maybe it's just poor air circulation throwing your thermostat off?

I have my Sanyo set on 4 and the temp stays fairly constant, with VERY little cycling of the compressor. What all do you have in it? I only have to cornies; do you have a CO2 tank in there as well? Maybe it's just poor air circulation throwing your thermostat off?

Maybe that is the problem. The tank is in the fridge but the 4 setting is to warm.

Regards,
Alan

A fan will definitely help even out the temp. Before a fan, when mine measured 40° F at the bottom, it was measuring almost 50° F at the top. This is a 4912 with two cornies and a 5# CO2 tank with dual pressure regulator. A small computer fan near the bottom has pretty much evened things out - no tubing or anything, just something to help circulate the air.

I keep mine at about 4 or a little lower and it stays around 40° F.

A fan will definitely help even out the temp. Before a fan, when mine measured 40° F at the bottom, it was measuring almost 50° F at the top. This is a 4912 with two cornies and a 5# CO2 tank with dual pressure regulator. A small computer fan near the bottom has pretty much evened things out - no tubing or anything, just something to help circulate the air.

I keep mine at about 4 or a little lower and it stays around 40° F.

Thanks for the tip, how did you power the fan?

Regards,
Alan

Right now I have an old Radio Shack DC power adapter. I cut off the end, ran the wire in thru the Sanyo drain hole, and wired it to the fan. The adapter has selectable voltages on it (12, 9, 7.5, etc.) so I have some control over the fan speed. I've heard of others doing the same with mobile phone chargers - pretty much any AC -> DC adapter will work for a DC fan as long as it has decent voltage (PC fans are usually 12 volts).

Ideally (and maybe eventually), I'd wire the fan into the fridge wiring so it would be powered by the fridge and only run when the compressor is running. Or I might wire it into the fridge power so it stays on all the time - I'm not sure if that's necessary though. If I go with either of those options, I'll get an AC powered fan.

Back