Too Many Hobbies not enough Time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arch1tect

Reaction score
Quick about me:
Name is Michael(Mikey is what people call me), I live in Northern NJ and stumbled upon this site shortly after getting my first kit for my B-day in October. I tend to learn things on my own so now that I'm on my third batch and have read a ton of info on here I'm feeling a little more confident about my brewing abilities and can finally say Hi, so...Hi. I have one too many things on my plate so here goes a short list. I'm a professional photographer(owner of a company), web design, snowboarding, Sport Fishing Captain(certified OUPV by the coast guard), work full-time and am in the process of renovating our house. Luckily, brewing beer is mostly waiting so the time flies.

I've been a sort of beer connoisseur(consumer) for a few years now but haven't made the jump into the home brewing circuit for financial reasons. I tend to jump in feet first and buy the best of everything before I even find out if I like it. If I do like it I invest even more time(time=money) into my hobbies and my SWMBO wanted to finish the kitchen renovations first. So now that I have a decent kit courtesy of her and enough bottles stock piled I can get my pipeline going. My first batch was a disaster as it took about 6 hours to get it done, but now I'm way more organized and feel much better about it.

Lastly, thanks to all the people of this site that willing share their info with the public. So far I can honestly say this is one of the most helpful sites I've visited.

Welcome Mikey. :mug:

Be aware that this brewing thing moves quickly from hobby to obsession.

You have been warned.

What's up Mikey? Welcome to HBT! As you've found out, we've got a helluva great bunch of guys and gals here.

Where in NNJ are you? I'm in Lake Hopatcong, soon to be moving to Port Murray. Brewslut here on HBT started a club called NJHOPZ up here if you're looking for brew buddies. There's also WHALES further east, if you're more in that direction.

-Joe

Welcome Mikey. :mug:

Be aware that this brewing thing moves quickly from hobby to obsession.

You have been warned.

This I know...I already order a bunch of stuff today for my pre-xmas gift.

What's up Mikey? Welcome to HBT! As you've found out, we've got a helluva great bunch of guys and gals here.

Where in NNJ are you? I'm in Lake Hopatcong, soon to be moving to Port Murray. Brewslut here on HBT started a club called NJHOPZ up here if you're looking for brew buddies. There's also WHALES further east, if you're more in that direction.

-Joe

I'm right in Boonton/Parsippany. Once I get a few more brew days under my belt I'll definitely try to meet up with them. Thanks!

Cool, I work here in Parsippany. We should meet at the Shebeen for drinks one night. I'll let you know next time we do a brewday. No need to wait for more experience, you can always just swing by and drink beer :)

-Joe

Cool, I work here in Parsippany. We should meet at the Shebeen for drinks one night. I'll let you know next time we do a brewday. No need to wait for more experience, you can always just swing by and drink beer :)

-Joe

This I can do and thanks again.

I did learn something valuable last night as I was taking out the recycling...I really don't have any now that I save my bottles.

Thanks everyone. The gadget fetish is definitely something that I have and it's been rough. I've already laid out plans on how we can redo our detached garage into a bakery(SWMBO bakes)/brewery/photography studio.

Back