Cincinnati OH, any good beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kable

Reaction score
I will be out there this week for work and I am hoping to be able to get good beer. I was there 8 years ago and Guiness and Corona was about it.

Really hoping to find some stuff from Bell's since they don't distribute to WA. Any 2 hearted ale out there?

Jungle Jim's is awesome. Party Source in Bellevue, KY (just on the other side) has every beer you can imagine.

Depending on where you'll be staying I'm sure we could point you to good bar/restaurants with good beer on tap.

Cincinnati OH, any good beer?

I don't really know - I mostly drink my own.

Jungle Jim's is worth a visit, huge selection of beer, wine, and cigars, ........ and they sell some other stuff too. They do have some home-brewing 'stuff', but Listermann's has a much larger selection and cheaper prices. It's a brewery, and they sell their own beer too.

I guess I am really in Loveland??? Staying at the Hilton on tri ridge?

I have heard so much about Bells was hoping it got down that way. Will have to check out some of the places you guys mentioned.

My neck of the woods! I cant believe no one has said this yet....Hofbrauhaus is in Newport on the banks of Ky 2 mins from Cincy, Great BEER!!! all brewed right there German style....FANTASTIC!

Oh ok. Well that's a good bit a way from Downtown (20 minutes or so) but it is pretty close to Mt. Carmel Brewery. I'm not sure of too much else out there.

Hofbrauhaus is pretty fun and good German beer (and pretzels).

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say Bells? You talking about the brand of beer? I don't think that's made in Cincy but you can get it here if that's what you mean.

The 2 restaurants in downtown Loveland that usually have some Bell's on tap are Paxton's and The Works. They also usually have some Mt. Carmel and Rivertown Brewing on tap. Those are about 3 miles from where you are staying.

If you want to venture out Habit's in Oakley has a decent tap selection and a very good bottle selection. They usually have Bell's on tap and always have it in bottles. I haven't been to Teller's in Hyde Park in a long time, but they used to have a good tap selection.

I would definitely 2nd the recommendation of going to the Hofbrauhaus. That takes about 25 minutes from where you are in Loveland.

Jeff

Most of my evenings were pre-planned and I didn't come across very good beer. My goal was to find Bell's two hearted IPA because I have heard so much about it but have never had it.

The last night I was there we went to this mom & pap Italian rest and on their menu they had Bell's Amber ale. So I tried ordering it and they said they were all out. But they had this other one called Bell's 2 hearted IPA ;>) So I had a few and really liked it. Good thing because I had 5gal of its clone fermenting back at home.

Just sampled the clone tonight and besides being under dry hopped, it was really good and if memory serves me, pretty close to the original. I wish I could do a side by side but they don't distribute into Washington state.

Thanks everyone for your good suggestions. All my co-workers from Cinci had good things to say about the places you mentioned.

Back