Spare bedroom in a warm climate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz

Reaction score
hi, just doing a bit of research before my first brew,hopefully next week,:ban:, i recently moved here to Israel for my job (cant wait to go home), and i have a spare bedroom that im thinking about using to store my brew, its not the israeli heat im worried about,i can always cool the place down , but it gets very humid, will humidity affect my brew?

no, its sealed. if its airtight like its supposed to be, it won't hurt bottled beer.

I guarantee budweiser does not air condition or dehumifiy its warehouses of kegs, bottles and cans.

Yep. Most ale yeasts will need to be kept around 67-68 F room temperature. Generally you want to keep ale yeasts under 71F internal temp.

The yeast causes the fermenting wort to raise slightly in temperature, so in a 67F room, the internal beer temp will be 69-71.

Humidity shouldn't affect it though - after all, assuming a plastic bucket, it should decrease the rate at which your beer (very slowly) evaporates.

Back