What are you DRINKING tonight!? :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b33risGOOD

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

In light of the fact im planning on brewing a stout I decided to go to the beer store and see what they had on hand.

So tonight during the Hockey game, and between my wife finding work for me to do ill be drinking

John By Imperial Stout

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/scotch-irish-john-by-imperial-stout/80722/

And a 6 pack of

Royal Extra Stout

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/272/1880

lol Unfortunatly according to these reviews, this is a sweet stout. I dont think I like sweet beers....lol oh well at least its 6.6% after a few I may not notice.

What are you guys drinking..

Ahh, research! A tough job, but someone has to do it.

Belhaven Scottish Ale, since I currently have an 85/- in primary, I need something to compare it to when it gets out.

Nothing but H20. Im 3 days into a No-beer, lotsa water diet/cleanse/see if I can do it...

I'll have a couple of my Bell's Two Hearted clones, maybe have a Sam Adams Cream Stout for a nightcap.

I went to trader joe's last night and grabbed a sixer of Mission Street IPA and Stockyard Oatmeal Stout. They are both excellent beers and only $5.99 a sixer.

Probably a pint or two of the pumpkin ale I have on tap and maybe some Celebration Ale. Gotta clean a keg and add some gelatin to an Alt also.

Listening to my on-line tax class, drinking a SA Octoberfest. I'll need a few more just to make it through!!

Sitting in my hotel room enjoying the last couple of SNPA out of the 12 pack.

Interesting that today is the first day I have bought beer in a long time. I have two homebrews left on tap at the moment: She's Got Balls Double ESB and For Peat's Sake Smoked Porter. But I bought some brews tonight that I have never had before: Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA, Missing Elf Double Bock and Moyland's Moylander Double IPA.

Nothing but H20. Im 3 days into a No-beer, lotsa water diet/cleanse/see if I can do it...

I would suggest not hanging out on beer forums reading about mouth waterinig beer.......

LOL I cant wait for my last brew to be ready, should be a real tasty APA, 25 days in primary right now.

I would suggest not hanging out on beer forums reading about mouth waterinig beer.......

LOL I cant wait for my last brew to be ready, should be a real tasty APA, 25 days in primary right now.

Haha I keep reading about all these people who enjoy brewing and tinkering with their brew stuff more than the actual drinking part...I'm testing the theory and my hypothesis is that all those people are lying their asses off. :mad:

I like making my own brew because i appreciate it more and savour it, therefor drink less of it. Or so I think.

just kegged a batch of Bee Cave house pale ale, but drinking a Munich with lots of Columbus.Verry Hoppy and satisfying

studying for a test tomorrow and drinking one of my american browns and a flying fish grand cru winter reserve..... I should probably be studying and not playing on here.

I'm having a couple of my Cooper's English Bitter, which is my only brew so far. It's been bottled for just over a month, and I think it may not have mixed well enough during priming, because the bottle I had a couple days ago was nicely carbed, and the bottle I'm having now is quite a bit flatter.

Oh well, it's still pretty tasty...:mug:

Irish Red Ale... but I'll be honest it tastes more like a British Brown. Darn amber malt.

Started w/ a pint of SA Oktoberfest at dinner after hiking 6 miles at Lost Maples, sampled a coronito of my Yankee Killer Texas CDA (Its really young, but its REALLY good...grapefruitty!!!) when I got home. Second meal, I mean drink, was an Oskar Blues Old Chub...I'm more of a hophead, not usually big on sweet malty brews but at 8%, who cares!!! Can't do more than one but its tasty, strong alcohol balances sweetness in a beer with very little bitterness and almost cloying mouthfeel. Finished it off with my High Desert dry Pale Ale...there's my hoppy friends!!!

Back