KegKits Boil Pot Element Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerFather Brewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been testing a products from the guys over KegKits for the last several month or so. Tom & his gang developed this boil pot controller to power a hot water heater element style boil pot.

This set-up is so easy to use, I have started to switch my entire process to an all-electric set up. The element plugs into the boil pot controller & is adjustable by a knob. Turns out that the light that's attached to this module blinks to give you a visual indication of how much power is directed to the electric element.

They also included a separate switch for a pump. Along with my 9g pot, the boil controller, & pump are all I need to do a brew-in-a-bag 5g batch. I've done 3 batches now like this.

Need to figure out a way to recirculate now!.....

Thanks for the post - we actually have five samples of the 120V, 15A controller out to different brewers and all seem happy so far. Once the final parts arrive we will build and start sending out samples of the 240V, 30A version.

Where's the pictures?

I'm sure that 2DogsBrewing will send some in action but here are our pictures of the 120V, 15A brew controller. The fan & slots on the back are for forced air cooling of the internal finned heat-sink. The original design had a very ugly external heat-sink. The 240V, 30A will look the same except it will have a 4 wire 10 gauge power cord and a 30 amp 3 prong outlet for the heating element. The 240V, 30A version will also have a switched 120V Aux/Pump outlet protected with a 5 Amp resettable breaker.

_DSC2499.jpg

_DSC2501.jpg

_DSC2536.jpg

_DSC2525.jpg

What's the pricing look like on the 30 amp?

I am not a homebrewtalk vendor and answering other list user's requests with pictures is one thing.

But posting our prices is getting too close to marketing my products & will (justifiably so) bring on the wrath of the site admins.

So, please pmail me and I will send you the prices of these brew pot boil controllers and links to our web sites.

Thanks, Tom

Here are some pics from a recent brew day. Made a 4g porter with an OG of 1.057. I am trying the no-chill method on this one & threw the wort after whirlpooling for 30 mins into an HDPE cube-type container to cool.

image-3301960140.jpg

image-3401550445.jpg

This is Tom from kegkits - it's been a while but I'm finally testing a couple of the 240V controllers. We have been incredibly busy building stir plates and beer tower coolers and I have not had time to work on the 240V version until this week.

I'm sure that 2DogsBrewing will send some in action but here are our pictures of the 120V, 15A brew controller. The fan & slots on the back are for forced air cooling of the internal finned heat-sink. The original design had a very ugly external heat-sink. The 240V, 30A will look the same except it will have a 4 wire 10 gauge power cord and a 30 amp 3 prong outlet for the heating element. The 240V, 30A version will also have a switched 120V Aux/Pump outlet protected with a 5 Amp resettable breaker.

Can someone post what a 120v plug looks like ?

It's just like a standard wall plug - here is the rear view of an early 120V unit. The two outlets at the bottom right & left are both 120V, one for the heating element & one for the pump outlet.

_DSC2536.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back