South Jersey/Philadelphia Group HOP Buy #9!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferman

Reaction score
:mug: Here we go with Round 9 :mug:

LAST HOP BUY BEFORE NEW CROPS ARE AVAILABLE

We'll need at least 28 pounds of hops to complete this order. Because of the size difference, this will be for Pellet hops only!

Read more below on how it all works.

Check out the link below for pricing:

HOP PRICING - HopsDirect.com
Example: Williamette Hops are $9.40/LB + $1.25 Shipping = $10.65/LB!!!

Pick up location:

The entire order will be delivered to Williamstown, NJ (08094)

You'll be able to pick up whenever is convenient for you! (much better then having to worry about making it to the pickup location in time!)

Current Order: 37 pounds CLOSED

PAID ferman - 1/2x Cascade
PAID Ty5592 - 2x Galaxy, 1x Admiral
PAID bigDbrew - 1x Tettnanger, 1x Nugget, 1x Galaxy
PAID ballewblake - 1x Tettnanger, 1x Target, 1x Cascade, 1x Styrian Goldings, 1x Magnum
PAID Scatterbrain - 1x Admiral, 1x First Gold UK
PAID tmp155 - 1x Bravo, 1x Calypso, 1x Cascade, 1x Nugget
PAID Piney - 1x Goldings (US), 1x Palisade, 1x Galena, 1x Cascade
PAID kruts111 - 1x Cascade, 1x Calypso, 1x Crystal, 1x Galena
PAID infection - 1x Hallertau Mittelfrueh, 1/2x Cascade
PAID immyc - 1x Cascade, 1x Nugget
PAID Dschuetz - 1x Willamette, 1x Cascade, 1x Northern Brewer, 1x Crystal, 1x Galena, 1x Galaxy
PAID bmc428 - 1x Northern Brewer, 1x US Goldings

How it works:

When looking at the Hop Prices, figure in about $1.25/LB for shipping!

Once the order has been filled, everyone will get an individual invoice for their order which can be paid via PayPal only. Please make sure you check your PMs regularly so your inbox is not full.

After all orders have been PAID, the order will be placed and delivered to 08094. (Usually within 7 - 10 days)

If you have any other questions, just post here and ask.

Cheers!

Here are the varieties that are currently available...

Admiral Pellet Hops
Bravo Pellet Hops
Calypso Pellet Hop
Cascade Pellet Hops
Cluster Pellets Hops
Crystal Hop Pellet
First Gold UK Pellet
French Strisselspalt (Alsace) Pellet Hops
Galaxy Hop Pellets
Galena Pellet Hops
Golding (US) Pellet Hops
Hallertau Mittelfrueh (GR) Pellet
Magnum (GR) Pellet Hops
Magnum (US) Pellets
Northern Brewer (US) Pellet
Nugget Pellet Hops
Organic Fuggle (UK) Pellet Hops
Organic Spalter Select Pellet
Organic Tradition Pellet
Palisade Pellets
Sonnet™ Golding c.v. Pellets
Spalter (GR) Pellet Hops
Styrian Golding Hop Pellets
Super Galena Pellet
Target (GR) Pellet Hops
Tettnanger US Pellets
Tradition (GR) Pellet Hops
Vanguard Pellet Hops
Willamette Pellet Hops

Just be sure to check the HopsDirect.com site before posting. They may have limited quantities and be sold out by the time we place the order.

I am going to keep this open for another day or two in the hopes that we can hit the 44 pound mark. I believe that may cut the prices a bit more if we do. If not, we are still getting a fantastic deal.

Invoices have been sent out. Please send in your payments promptly so we can get our order placed. If you have any questions, please PM me.

How do you organize something like this? Does it require a loading dock for delivery?

Well, I guess that depends on how much you order at once. I have run quite a few of these and the most we ever got at one time was around 60 pounds. They just came in two large (and heavy) boxes via UPS Ground.

ferman...my inbox isn't full and I didn't get an invoice. Not like you're busy or anything (haha) but hit me up so I can pay you!

I got a brew planned for next week and was just wondering if you could ballpark when these hops will be in? I mean, once everyone pays and you place the order.... what's the turnaround time usually? Thanks.

I got a brew planned for next week and was just wondering if you could ballpark when these hops will be in? I mean, once everyone pays and you place the order.... what's the turnaround time usually? Thanks.

Typically about 5-7 business days. So If I order tomorrow for example, they should be in by the end of next week.

Quick update. Hops are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, September 7th. I was hoping they would be here by Tuesday's club meeting but the holiday screwed that up. Please make arrangements with me to get your hops on of after next Wednesday.

Evan,
Any word on the 2011's? Would be nice to see if we could time a pickup with the grain...

Evan,
Any word on the 2011's? Would be nice to see if we could time a pickup with the grain...

No word on availability yet. The farm we usually buy from said they are working around the clock harvesting right now. So I am guessing in the next two to three weeks, everything should be dried, packaged and ready to ship. They have a brand new pellet extruder this year so hopefully even sooner.

From their website:
Harvest is Underway!!
September 1, 2011

2011 Harvest is underway and all of us here at Puterbaugh Farms Hops Direct are busy ”Hopping” around!! Just wanted to let you know we expect to have our domestic leaf available on our website the end of September/October. We do our own pelleting here on the farm, so after harvest we go straight into pelleting our whole leaf, and are hoping to have our pellets available closer to October/November. Our imports won’t be available until after the first of the year. Sorry we cannot pinpoint a specific time when the different varieties will be available. Remember if you’re looking for certain varieties please watch the website, so you won’t miss out on any hoppy brewing!!! Hope this will help with your questions and as always keep up the Hoppy Brewing!!!

Just a reminder. Hops are in and ready to be picked up. If you have not made arrangements with me already, please PM me.

Yup. I got word that the most farms will have the bulk of their new crop processed and ready end Oct/early Nov. Keep an eye out.

Latest posts

Back