Best Breakfast Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl04002

Reaction score
My well went down today, and the only thing in the house to drink this morning is Dr. Pepper and beer. Since Dr. Pepper for breakfast is just wrong, I had a porter and it was great. Not overpowering, with a hint of molasses. Om nom nom.

What is everyone else's favorite breakfast beer?

Pick up this month's BYO. It has a whole section on using breakfast ingredients in beer: bacon, oatmeal, sugar breafast cereals.

I'm seriously thinking about a Boo-berry Pale Ale. ;)

my oatmeal coffee stout. but any stout or porter is good. when me & my buddies go camping we like to have Murphy's Irish Stout w/ pancakes made w/ the beer. but our favorite camping breakfast combo is steak & eggs cooked over an open fire w/ Stone Smoked Porter, mmmmm F'n Fantastic!

Can't really see myself drinking a beer in the morning. I can't have a breakfast without an orange juice. Furthermore, SWMBO would be very concerned about me if I did that "When did you become an alcoholic?"

I just bottled a breakfast stout. Remember, you can't say you drank all day if you don't start in the morning.

I'd probably go for a strong malty beer for breakfast. Although I love them dearly, they cause me sleep problems when I drink them too late at night. If you have one in the morning however, your system has more time to process it. I'd go for an english barleywine or a belgian quadrupel with waffles or pancakes. hmmm.... :mug:

On the rare occasion that I'm drinking a morning beer I'll go with a wheat beer, especially a hefe and pair it with eggs.

Back in college I used to have a saturday morning ritual breakfast of labatt blue and eggs w/toast

Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout is amazing, but really hard to find.

I love their KBS and BS too. I've got a clone of their BS on tap right now, it is oustanding.
http://***********/stories/recipes/...ounders-brewing-company-breakfast-stout-clone

My well went down today, and the only thing in the house to drink this morning is Dr. Pepper and beer. Since Dr. Pepper for breakfast is just wrong, I had a porter and it was great. Not overpowering, with a hint of molasses. Om nom nom.

What is everyone else's favorite breakfast beer?

Whatever tastes great on my Frosted Flakes!

I don't think I could stomach a beer for breakfast, although I had a roommate in the Army that his breakfast beer was to wake up and finish the beer he left sitting on the table next to his bed. That was nasty.

While I'm not typically a fan of hefeweisen, it is quite good for breakfast. Maybe along with some bratwurst, two eggs sunny side, and a bunch of strawberries.

this months edition of BYO is all about breakfast beers. One beer is actually a Capt Crunch Beer. interesting recipes.

usually a porter or stout

or maybe more usually whatevers handy when the urge for a breakfast beer hits me - which usually means an american light lager, preferably with tomato juice

I'm glad to know there are many others who feel the way I do.It dosen't matter what the time, if I feel like a beer for breakfast and I have no other chores, I'll have one. I like a cream ale in the morning. I think I'll try the Bromosa, it sounds victory!:D

budweiser v8 tabasco used have drink them when i worked the pipeline's

real answer Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

Back