Moving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbriscoe

Reaction score
Just started a batch of Rochefort 10 trappist last Sunday. It is supposed to take 6 weeks to bottle. By Monday it was bubbling thru the airlock at 1-2 times per second, but now it has slowed down to a few seconds between bubbles. Is that normal?

When should it be ready for the secondary fermenter? Do I have to use a carboy or can I get the same result from transfering into another white bucket?

Also, we are moving in a couple weeks - will that be bad for the beer to be moved?

the slowing fermentation is probably normal. when the bubbles stop check the gravity to make sure its within your expected range. you should rack to the secondary when the bubbles stop or 2 weeks which ever is longer. you don't need to rack to a carboy, if your using a bucket specifically made for brewing it should be ok. moving the bucket will be just fine. just make sure it doesn't get to hot and the airlock stays in.

Personally if I were moving I would leave it in the bucket until moved, then wait another week to settle or just keg it before you move. Etc.

Back