Now I remember why I brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
85 degrees here with high humidity. All day long I've been hacking away at the roots of a large tree stump. I can only go about ten minutes, then need a 15 minute break to cool down. Normally I would have a few BMCs during the breaks and have some HB at the end of the day. I believe there is a time and situation for every beer, even BMC. Busch lite in today's case.

Today tough, I started out on the HB. An ordinary bitter. I had it a bit cooler than I would normally, (45 degrees) It slid down really well during each break and served me well while reading the posts on this forum.

At 1:30 pm I'm starting to worry about my fast depleting stock of bitter, so I switch to a really cold Busch.......Totally undrinkable!! Even ice cold it just tastes like a rabid monkey took time off from playing in elephant dung to piss in my mouth!!

Now, I have no real axe to grind with BMC. I drink it often, and it works well sometimes, especially when working hard in heat like today........

But never, ever again will I be foolish enough to drink any BMC straight AFTER a few bottles of the real stuff.

I am going to get myself a reminder tattooed on my drinking hand. "Don't try that again, *******!!"

HAHA, I just had a similar experience Friday night. Went to play poker with the guys, and brought a sixer of my HB West Coast IPA, and a sixer of Edwort's Kolsch. Everyone loved the brew, and I got some great compliments...and consequently it disappeared pretty fast! After that we dove into the SN Summerfest, which was very good...and it went downhill from there. By the end of the night, I was getting pretty druck and grabbed a Lowenbrau....yes, that's right a f*&king Lowenbrau! I had never had one before, and I think I never will again. I know it's not BMC, but seriously I would've rather had a Coors Light. :drunk:

Anyway, I agree that if one MUST drink BMC or some other variant...then one should do so BEFORE drinking homebrew or any other good stuff.

:mug:

I haven't had BMC in a long time, but SWMBO has some in the fridge. I may have to pop open a BL this evening to remind me why brewing is so friggin cool.

I haven't had BMC in a long time, but SWMBO has some in the fridge. I may have to pop open a BL this evening to remind me why brewing is so friggin cool.

If you want to do the experiment properly you need to have a good HB 5 minutes before the BL.

I reckon you will be in line behind me for the drinking hand tattoo. ;)

Busch Light? Well there's yer goddamn problem. Might as well've been drinking Keystone Light. Try a respectable american lager like PBR. Believe me, not all of them are that bad.

I just snuck a pint of my still-carbonating Munchner Hell, and holy god there is nothing better on a hot day.

Busch Light? Well there's yer goddamn problem. Might as well've been drinking Keystone Light. Try a respectable american lager like PBR. Believe me, not all of them are that bad.

I just snuck a pint of my still-carbonating Munchner Hell, and holy god there is nothing better on a hot day.

Meh....I prefer it when yer funny! :D

85 degrees here with high humidity. All day long I've been hacking away at the roots of a large tree stump. I can only go about ten minutes, then need a 15 minute break to cool down. Normally I would have a few BMCs during the breaks and have some HB at the end of the day. I believe there is a time and situation for every beer, even BMC. Busch lite in today's case.

Today tough, I started out on the HB. An ordinary bitter. I had it a bit cooler than I would normally, (45 degrees) It slid down really well during each break and served me well while reading the posts on this forum.

At 1:30 pm I'm starting to worry about my fast depleting stock of bitter, so I switch to a really cold Busch.......Totally undrinkable!! Even ice cold it just tastes like a rabid monkey took time off from playing in elephant dung to piss in my mouth!!

Now, I have no real axe to grind with BMC. I drink it often, and it works well sometimes, especially when working hard in heat like today........

But never, ever again will I be foolish enough to drink any BMC straight AFTER a few bottles of the real stuff.

I am going to get myself a reminder tattooed on my drinking hand. "Don't try that again, *******!!"

Evan!'s law in the first post!!!!! Record?

Try a respectable american lager like PBR. Believe me, not all of them are that bad.

I have some friends that drink this stuff; the same guys drink Wiedemann. One of the guys actually has some pretty broad knowledge of beers, and is convinced that PBR is "pretty good." I've tried it on several occasions but it always tastes like cold horsepiss.........please don't ask me how I know what that tastes like! :D

I have some friends that drink this stuff; the same guys drink Wiedemann.

I just checked, and to my surprise you are not the first person to mention "Wiedemann" on this board.....You are the second. :D It's all my FIL drinks, except when the halted production a while back.

for what it's worth, PBR is my go-to cheap beer. I probably had close to a dozen of them over the weekend while camping/fishing (no glass bottles allowed in the park).

Back