Gnome Root Beer help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xfevv

Reaction score
Use made up my first soda using a Gnome extract. Followed the directions as stated, except I added more of the extract than called for since it tasted pretty weak. Bottled everything into 12 PET bottles and have had them sitting on the counter for three days. I'm not getting any carbonation at all. Any thoughts/suggestions? I'd hate to have to re open all the bottles and re pitch the yeast

Thanks

It could be an issue of time. When I was still making soda with yeast, the carbonation varied largely by the ambient temperature. During the summer time, I could have explosive openings after 2 days of carbonation while having regularly carbonated bottles after 6 days during the winter.

Thanks guys. Finally got some carbonation but now I'm getting a really bad "rotten eg" taste. Any thoughts?

Doing another batch tonight. In the instructions it says to lay the bottles on their side for a few days during carbonation. Is that necessary? What's the reason? Thanks for all the help

Did a new batch tonight. Recipe says to lay bottle on their side during carbonation, what's the reason for this? Is it necessary? Thanks for all the great help.

Latest posts

Back