Upgraded to Mini-mash from full extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmashl

Reaction score
I have 4 Brewers Best extract kits under my belt(or over it, that seems where it is landing). All my beers were turning out darker than they should. I think that is due to the partial boils that the kits says to do. My last kit I ordered from Austin Homebrew Supply is a Mini-mash Fat tire clone. Just bottled it yesterday and had a partial bottle. Just pointing out that this mini-mash beer was the right color. Taste isn't quite right, but I just bottled it, so I think that will get better as it ages.

I did extracts till my 1st partial mashbiab last tuesday. Late extract additions help with keeping colors lighter due to lessening of mailard reactions. Even in my PM,I saved the 3.3lb of gold LME for flame out. Came out really good with an OG right in the middle of the range given for the kit. The late extract addition method will help cure your darkening woes.

I did extracts till my 1st partial mashbiab last tuesday. Late extract additions help with keeping colors lighter due to lessening of mailard reactions. Even in my PM,I saved the 3.3lb of gold LME for flame out. Came out really good with an OG right in the middle of the range given for the kit. The late extract addition method will help cure your darkening woes.

+1 to late additions

Back