Bayou Classic Burner KAB4 different heights?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCrowsNest

Reaction score
I've looked all over for these things and every now and then I find one that has the burner MUCH closer to the pot it's heating. Take a look at this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BAYOU-CLASSIC-KAB4-HIGH-PRESSURE-BANJO-COOKER-/370578491893?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item56483309f5#ht_2348wt_1110

And compare it to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-KAB4-Pressure-Cooker/dp/B0009JXYQY/ref=sr_1_11?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1331856065&sr=1-11

Is it just me or does it look like there's a good 2-3 inch difference in how high up the burner sits?

Something tells me the closer the better, is this the case? Where else can I track down one of the close contact ones other than eBay?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a kab 6 and the stock burner height is way too low off the pot. I went through 3/4 tank per brew. I ground off the welds on the stand and adjusted the burner to about 2 to 3 in off the pot. Now im getting about 4 brews per tank. Big difference.

I have a kab 6 and the stock burner height is way too low off the pot. I went through 3/4 tank per brew. I ground off the welds on the stand and adjusted the burner to about 2 to 3 in off the pot. Now im getting about 4 brews per tank. Big difference.

That's what I've been reading. What kind of tools do you need to get that done?

Anyone know any other burners that bring the burner a little closer to the pot?

grinder to knock out the welds on the stand and bought some u-bolts from Home Depot, drill some holes for the u-bolts to reattach the stand and good to go. There was a thread on here that I went by. I totally recommend it, world of difference with my burner.

Back