The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen last night's FtWD episode, but thought last week was one of the best of either show

Garrett Dillahunt is a damn good actor and Jenna Elfman was surprisingly good (and looks GREAT)

I thought it was very good, too. I didn't like how the zombies "broke character" and acted differently than they normally do on this show when they ganged up an pushed the jeep off the bridge. (it didn't wreck the episode or anything, though)

These zombies have only moved in a group toward live people and have never used tools or anything of the sort. The only time I remember anything different was in the first season of TWD one of the zombies was beating on a window with a rock and they haven't had them do anything like that since.

It worked for what they needed, I guess.

I'll watch last night's show sometime this week.

I agree on the Jeep part. It was a great story but that part made no sense. Why did the zombies just have to go to that spot and jump in? If they just really wanted in the water they could have walked (or rolled) down the embankment instead of going to the bridge and making a B line for the open railing. I guess they had to add some suspense to the story though.

* CAUTION SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ *

Is that enough fair warning? Ok I watched the new episode and what the heck!? That was the dumbest freaking episode yet! You have grenades! You have a damn grenade launcher! You have machine guns! Freaking blow them the hell up and be done! Why wait for them to drive up to you and then let them draw their guns and STILL not shoot any of the bad guys! Seriously WTF I hate FTWD now! Oh yeah and why did Laura’s hair style change at the end? So stupid.....

I had to rewatch the ending like three times to realize the significance of the situation. Not a big fan of this one, but it was clever...can't deny that.

Fyi - There was a jumping/lunging walker about two weeks ago which is ridiculous. I believe it was in the water park scene after they went down the slide.

Ha! I didn't watch it yet, but I don't care about spoilers. I usually watch the talking dead before I watch the show anyway.

One of the problems with both TWD, and FTWD has been the fact that the people in the show don't act like normal people. I have no problem suspending belief, it is a zombie show after all, so head shots from moving motor cycles don't bother me, nor do escapes from impossible situations etc etc.

/rant on/

What does bother me, however, is when people in the show don't act like normal people. Negan walking around the loading dock out in the open, making wise cracks, in easy range and nobody thinks that this is a good time to shoot him? Zombies are eating neighbors at the birthday party across the street and Mom shuts the curtains and tells the kids not to worry about it? Something really strange happened at an old abandoned church? Let's wait until dark to go take a look. Dad calls ex-wife looking for his son and and says "there's no time to explain" I call BS, there is time to explain, and a normal person would give some kind of explanation. Jeez.

/rant off/

I had to rewatch the ending like three times to realize the significance of the situation. Not a big fan of this one, but it was clever...can't deny that.

Fyi - There was a jumping/lunging walker about two weeks ago which is ridiculous. I believe it was in the water park scene after they went down the slide.
I don’t really get what’s going on. Why is the roaming hipster gang mad at them? Why didn’t Alicia annhilate the hipsters with her grenade launcher? Is Laura a bad guy now? If so then why did she give up the truck full of supplies?

I don’t really get what’s going on. Why is the roaming hipster gang mad at them? Why didn’t Alicia annhilate the hipsters with her grenade launcher? Is Laura a bad guy now? If so then why did she give up the truck full of supplies?

Okay, now I'm confused. What did she say over the mic?

Yeah and then Alicia flipped out all pissed because she stole the just in case car and supplies and she tried to shoot her but shot the gunslinger guy instead. Then everyone was just like uh oh instead of freaking killing each other like they should have been doing. Laura had like a mad max hair style after she went bad too. The story is all screwed up now.

Poor Glen.....
glennmeat (Medium) (1).jpg

Just caught up through Season 9 now, and I really enjoyed how they brought in the latest band of antagonists. I was all giddy after the latest episode :)

They are now starting to reconnect to the comic series again.

It's been ridiculous since Rick woke up in the hospital, but the whole good guys vs bad guys thing is exhaustive. You know people are going to die, but you also know the show isn't going to flip the script and do a role reversal. So no matter what the good guys will always prevail in due time, and the bad guys will all be killed and/or dismissed over the course of an unknown number of seasons.

Anyways, still a little fun to watch.

I’m thinking the show has about run it’s course for being a “must watch”. I watched the mid season today... we’ll see...

I never could get into FTWD. The first episodes felt like a bad hangover to me.

I tried to follow FTWD in the first couple of seasons... MEH

I've been watching TWD the whole time, hoping for an explanation of the pandemic (zombie apocalypse?)... who started it? Why? Is there a cure?

Always stringing you along, (i.e. LOST) just setting things up for a disappointing finale.

I tried to follow FTWD in the first couple of seasons... MEH

I've been watching TWD the whole time, hoping for an explanation of the pandemic (zombie apocalypse?)... who started it? Why? Is there a cure?

Always stringing you along, (i.e. LOST) just setting things up for a disappointing finale.

Lost! They sure named that one right! All the time Lost for nothing!

Back