Dry hop saison?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roryb

Reaction score
Looking to dry hop my first attempt at an AG saison this week. Going to use EKG and styrian goldings in the boil. Any suggestions for the dry hop? Use the same as in the boil or add something new? Will high AA hops take too much of the spotlight?

Obviously, everyone has a different idea of what a good beer is. However, I tried the Farmhouse Hatter from New Holland, and didn't really like it. The flavors didn't blend well to me. I love Mad Hatter, so the big difference here was the yeast.

One of our club members served a saison dry-hopped with amarillo at a festival. It was pretty good.

I have a saison in the fermenter right now and I'm probably going to add a bit od Mt. Hood to it. Maybe an ounce.

One of our club members served a saison dry-hopped with amarillo at a festival. It was pretty good.

I have a saison in the fermenter right now and I'm probably going to add a bit od Mt. Hood to it. Maybe an ounce.

Was that at the STL Heritage fest? If so I had a sample of it and it was good :) Our brew club served beers at the fest as well.

I dry hopped a Saison for 1 week on 2 oz whole leaf Willamette. Makes me think your EKG and S Goldings will work well. I got a fantastic earty/ spicy aroma them thay really compliments the Saison yeast (3711). Dry hopping saison recommended!

Nelson Sauvin hops make a fantastic dry hop addition for a saison. Just don't use too much. I did 1 oz. for seven days and had to let the batch sit in bottles for an extra month before I thought the flavor had mellowed enough. But once it had the taste was fantastic.

Back