Fugget All IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk92004

Reaction score
I am about to brew this IPA.

Wort

• 1lb US 2 Row Malt ( steep 20mins )
• 6.00 lbs Pilsen Light DME
• 1.00 oz Nugget Hops 12.2 % AA ( :60 mins )
• 0.50 oz Fuggle Hops 4.0 - 4.2 % AA ( :30 mins )
• 0.50 oz Fuggle Hops 4.0 - 4.2 % AA ( :15 mins )
• 1 tsp Irish Moss

Pitching
• 1 WLP005 British Ale Yeast ( they were out of WLP001 )

Bottling
• 4.0 oz Apricot Extract
• Corn Sugar & Malto-Dextrin (to add some body)

I should get about 40 IBU's (3.5 gallon boil) and 4.6% ABV and a nice straw color (6.19 SRM)

I am not dryhopping batch this but i might toss in 1oz of fuggle at flameout for some extra aroma.

I'll taste it after secondary and see if it 'needs' anything. My last IPA nice without apricot. I might save it for my next summer wheat batch.

If you don't wait for that 2-row to convert, it's going to just put starch in your beer.

I am about to brew this IPA.

I should get about 40 IBU's (3.5 gallon boil) and 4.6% ABV and a nice straw color (6.19 SRM)

I try to not get hung up on styles, but must be feeling cantankerous today.

40IBUs and OG of under 1.050 you are kind of stretching it to call this an IPA.

By all means, brew it and enjoy! But... if you are accusomted to drinking American IPAs and are after that same kind of flavor, this recipe might not be up to par.

I try to not get hung up on styles, but must be feeling cantankerous today.

40IBUs and OG of under 1.050 you are kind of stretching it to call this an IPA.

By all means, brew it and enjoy! But... if you are accusomted to drinking American IPAs and are after that same kind of flavor, this recipe might not be up to par.

It's on the low end of the IPA scale to be sure. I do have some perle and fuggle i bought in case i wanted to kick the IBU's up some more. However, I just brewed an 82 IBU IPA. So I think i am cool with a nice semi-hoppy pale ale with a hint of apricot.

So far my fermentation is not very agressive and its day 4. You think its the WLP005? or should i do something to shake things up?

I used WLP023 for my last IPA and it nearly blew the lid off the primary and fermented for about 7days.

Back