PHILADELPHIA Bachelor Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
Going to Philly for a bachelor party in the beginning of April. Planning on starting with lunch and a tour at Triumph and then... looking for suggestions from people that know the area. It's on a saturday so I'd like to get to Yards, but deffinitely up for any ideas you all have. Planning on staying out all night so the more suggestions the better! Thanks!!!

I was going to say monks, and if you want to go outside the city Victory brewing is always a nice stop.

Monks....eh, it's ok but small, crowded and expensive. I like Noddinghead (it's a brewpub) and if you've got a car, there's Earth Bread and Brewery on the outskirts of Philly.

I checked out Monks and their beer list said that Pliny the Elder was coming soon. That's worth the trip in itself if they have it when I'm there from what I've read about it. I've checked out most of the breweries via beermapping.com, but my buddies are looking for bars to go to that night. Keep the suggestions coming. I'll investigate it all! I love being a beer geek, and actually a couple of my buddies are just like me!

There are so many good beer bars in philly.

A short list:

Other Good Belgian Bars
Zot
Eulogy

Randoms
Tied House
North 3rd

All the old Irish standbys on tap, Food is pretty good too.
New Deck Tavern

Pure Awesomeness
The Grey Lodge
* Its a little ways outside the city, but definitely worth the trip in my opinion.

Before they closed i would have recommended Independence Brew Pub or Ludwig's Garten too. Sadly they are no longer around though:(

If you check out the midatlantic forum on BeerAdvocate, this comes up pretty often and there are some very good suggestions. Hitting Triumph, don't forget Nodding Head. Pace yourself cause we gots a lot of beer. ;)

There are so many good beer bars in philly.

A short list:

Other Good Belgian Bars
Zot
Eulogy

Randoms
Tied House
North 3rd

All the old Irish standbys on tap, Food is pretty good too.
New Deck Tavern

Pure Awesomeness
The Grey Lodge
* Its a little ways outside the city, but definitely worth the trip in my opinion.

Before they closed i would have recommended Independence Brew Pub or Ludwig's Garten too. Sadly they are no longer around though:(

+1 on Greylodge :mug:
-it actually is still in Philly just not center city 15 mins from center city
-pretty good food also

+1. I'll throw in Sly Fox as well if you venture out of town.

IMHO Slyfox and Victory are great but having done the phily beer tour bachelor party thing before, I'd say stick to the city and avoid having to get everyone into a van/bus/cars and driving out of the city into the burbs....instant PITA/buzzkill.

Hitting a handful of great places in the city works out a whole lot better...besides if you can't find enough good beer in the city proper, you aren't looking very hard ;)

IMHO Slyfox and Victory are great but having done the phily beer tour bachelor party thing before, I'd say stick to the city and avoid having to get everyone into a van/bus/cars and driving out of the city into the burbs....instant PITA/buzzkill.

Hitting a handful of great places in the city works out a whole lot better...besides if you can't find enough good beer in the city proper, you aren't looking very hard ;)

So where'd you guys go? Some of these places look incredible! I wish I was gonna be there for more than like 24 hours. This brings back a common thme of mine. So much beer, not nearly enough time! Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep em coming!

So where'd you guys go? Some of these places look incredible! I wish I was gonna be there for more than like 24 hours. This brings back a common thme of mine. So much beer, not nearly enough time! Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep em coming!

I've done the bachelor party bar hop a few times and each time it was different depending on the group of guys involved (and lets be honest, it's really about having a good time with your friends...unless they are as beer obsessed as you or I). Most of the time you are trying to squeeze too many places into the route and could be just as happy splitting the night between a few good places. If there is one or two places that you really must hit, plan your night around those locations. Food...is your group going to grab on the go or do you have some picky eaters who you need to plan around? Silicone? Is anyone going to be pissing and moaning about needing to toss 1s away? Transportation...walking, driving, bus, cab?

Without a doubt your best bet is Eulogy in Old City. Great location in Old City with other bars nearby to do some bar-hopping. Also nearby is Campo's cheesesteaks, great late night snack. And if your in need of a place to crash, the Hampton Inn is close on 4th St, reasonable price and a nice hotel. Not to mention that Eulogy has one of the top Belgian and International beer selections in the Mid-Atlantic (and if you have friends that have different beer tastes, they do offer the coors/miller/buds and other beer flavored water)

Back