BIAB Keggle Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pombe

Reaction score
Folks,

Quick question on a pending BIAB conversion of sorts. What size SS basket is idea for an American Sanke keggle? Got my rig up for sale with the idea of starting fresh with Bayou pots and basket, but I'm probably able to reuse many of the components I already have on my current setup.

Cheers,
G

*Edit - Want to maintain 5 & 10 gallon capability

I couldn't find any baskets that would fit the keggle's narrow top opening and make use of the majority of the keggle's interior. I've been contemplating making a basket but my metal fabrication skills are nil.

Make the top hole bigger? You can actually cut almost all of the top out, it just requires that you drop the grinder into the keg and make the cut from inside.

Good idea. My keggle top opening is currently about 12.25 inches in diameter. I can see that even more can still be removed for a diameter of 13 to 14 inches. This may open up more possibilities for baskets.

I brew in a keggle with BIAB and have no problems. If I want to fire up my pot to raise the temp or something, I just raise the bag off the bottom. Why do you want to use a ss basket?

Back