Important day for us all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll hoist one (or more - probably more) the day before and the day after, but I'm probably not going to get a chance to toast the end of prohibition at my daughter's 6th birthday party. :drunk:

More important to me is 10-14-1978. That's the day Jimmy Carter signed the law making homebrewing legal again. I know, the law didn't take effect till '79...........

Bernie Brewer said:
More important to me is 10-14-1978. That's the day Jimmy Carter signed the law making homebrewing legal again. I know, the law didn't take effect till '79...........

More important? Without the repeal of prohibition homebrew would still be illegal! I respect your point though, it would be sad if alcohol was legal but we couldn't home brew!

Enjoy the day ohiobrutus! (I would be surprised if you did not have even 1 brew though)

I still say that April 7 is a more important date, as beer was re-legalized on that date in 1933 - December 5 was when prohibition was repealed entirely. Who cares about all the other varieties of alcohol? :D
Of course, I could be a bit biased as April 7 is my birthday...

Back