Anyone used Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyGuy

Reaction score
Never tried this one, but my BIL has a pack that needs to be used up. The Wyeast site says it is an English bitter yeast that could be used on stouts and porters as well. Does anyone have any experiences and recommendations for this yeast?

I quite often use it for a bitter, but only because thats the best the LHBS has.
I much prefer the WLP02 and Wyeast 1968, both of which are far more estery.
That's not to say there is anything wrong with it. It just doesn't suit my palette.

-a.

FlyGuy said:
Never tried this one, but my BIL has a pack that needs to be used up. The Wyeast site says it is an English bitter yeast that could be used on stouts and porters as well. Does anyone have any experiences and recommendations for this yeast?
I used it for a Newcastle Brown Ale clone, from a recipe my LHBS provided. It worked nicely for that style, IMO.

I've used it for several ESBs and they all turned out great. I haven't tried it with any other styles but would recommend it if you are making an ESB. :mug:

Back