It's Saturday, who is brewing?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be kegging, but no brewing for me until I figure out how to do it without using SWMBO's stove and with no money to go buy a fryer.

Pre-heating the MLT right now, going to brew a Stone IPA clone out of the BYO today, and transfer the Stone PA clone out of the same issue into secondary. take a guess at what i'm brewing next weekend? starts with R and ends with uination ;).

Pre-heating the MLT right now, going to brew a Stone IPA clone out of the BYO today, and transfer the Stone PA clone out of the same issue into secondary. take a guess at what i'm brewing next weekend? starts with R and ends with uination ;).

Sounds like somebody has waaaayy more hops than they need. ;)

I'll be doing my first partial mash Fat Tire clone (AHS) today

aekdbbop is hosting his first brew day and inviting a few other nashville area brewers over. fortunately for me he lives about 3 minutes from me.

Sounds like somebody has waaaayy more hops than they need. ;)

I do have a ton of Cascade and Cent, i dont think any of the BYO stone beers used cascade, but some used Cent. but its all in quest for great beer!

I've got 45 pounds of chokecherries cleaned and smashed- for 18 gallons of chokecherry wine I'm mixing up today. I'm also planning on bottling some other wines- maybe the crabapple.

I'm going to brew either later today or tomorrow, since the weather is so terrible (It's not even close to getting up to 0) and brew inside. I'm making an APA- with plenty of homegrown cascades.

I will be heading up to Seabee Johns today for the North St Paul brew-together, brewing an all cascade Amber Ale.

Not brewing today, but I plan on mixing up some apfelwein. We are having people over for dinner tonite for SWMBO's birthday. She is out scrapbooking with her BFF so my assistant brewer & I are making her cake and getting the house in order.

did you get all these reciepes out of BYO? I would LOVE to do a Ruination! Can you maybe post the reciepe?

Sadly I'm out of ingredients (ordering this weekend). I did, however, bottle a Brewer's Best Micro Pale Ale and a batch of apfelwein this week. Plus I started a batch of Joes Ancient Orange Mead a couple days ago.

I hate that I work on Saturdays, today would be a perfect brew day. Do need to check on the orange cream ale in the primary though. Happy brewing all!

Have a Scottish 80 Schilling boiling on the deck right now. Only 5 Degrees outside, but everything has gone good so far!

I brewed Wednesday night and all 7 of my fermenters are full. Best I can do are some beer chores in the shop.

I will however go ahead and crush up my next Haus APA batch. I'm down to one keg.

I brewed last weekend and have 15 gallons fermenting right now. The fermentation freezer is full and I have 15 gallons of Wounded Knee Dry Hopping with suspended sacks. I'll be removing the hops tomorrow and putting them in the keezer to chill and carb. They should be ready by the time I get back from ice fishing next week.

If I can get the family stuff done early, I might brew an extra bitter special in the afternoon.

Meh....would be brewing if my Oatmeal Milk Stout wasn't stuck at 1.034. I really need to get another couple of carboys.

My iMac is in for repairs, and all my recipe info is on BeerTools Pro, so sadly, no brewing until I get over to Burlington to pick up my computer...:(

Not today, but will be brewing an Oatmeal Stout recipe I conjured up tomorrow. Been wanting to brew this thing for a couple months now. It will be my first stout, Highest gravity beer i've done so far and the first time i'll be using washed yeast. My starter should be just about right tommorow afternoon.:ban:

not today, Friday I did 2 gallon extract with some DME I had laying around and showed a non-brewing buddy how. Then yesterday I did a 10 Gallon SMaSH of MO and Galena thats sitting in fermenters right now. Then I'm going to throw some Oak Chips in half. I need some more fermenters. I can't afford a bunch of glass carboys or bette bottles. I think I'll just guy 2-3 more Ale Pales. They're so much easier to lug around, easier to pitch into, and easier to clean.

I wish I was! I have 6 gallons of a brown ale in a carboy, I'm going to add gelatin to it today to fine it. I hope to have it kegged and carbed by Monday or Tues. I am planning a 10 gal batch of IPA at the end of February, but I would like to get in one more 5 gal. batch of something(?) before then.

Eastside

Racked two batches of WPA onto hops today. Gonna pick up ingredients for a batch of wit at Bell's this afternoon. Can't brew it cuz I don't have a starter started.

I'd planned to brew an Irish red, but we've got ridiculous Santa Ana winds blowing today. No way I can keep my burner going in this gale, and debris is blowing all over the backyard. Some of my patio furniture blew into the pool!

Brewing up some cream o' 3 crops in a while. But i want to go shoot some skeet/trap ....decisions, decisions....

Snowed in and im a noob so decided to fight the weather hit up my LHBS maltose express this mornin buy a clone kit for stovepipe porter, picked up a case of flying dog, and brewing and drinking now as we speak.

I'll probably just do a starter for my Chimay Blue clone tonight or tomorrow.

I'm doing the final boil with the hops right now on a Dunkelweizen, my second brew, and enjoying my first brew- a nut brown- It's snowing here in Pennsylvania so I figured I could use a bit of snow in the sink to speed up the cooling process.

Back