My new kegarator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
It's facinating how just a little experience can make such a difference. Last year, when I finally was able to score a free fridge, I went to town on it to make it into a kegarator. Although the result was great, it took severals hours over a few days to finish. Well, I recently scored a newer fridge for free, slightly bigger and way more energy efficient. This morning I decided today was a good day for a conversion... 2 hrs later... I give you kegarator 2.0!!

CO2 goes in through the ice maker inlet, no new hole!
3764-DSC00282.JPG

CO2 Manifold with parts from Harbor Freight. I know I should put valves, but I'll wait:
3764-DSC00276.JPG

Interior:
3764-DSC00274.JPG

No frills look, but I'm just getting started. I might make the freezer door into a chalkboard, dunno yet:
3764-DSC00277.JPG

Looks like a fermentation cabinet to me. That's what I did with my old one. I figure efficiency doesn't matter as much if you are only shooting for 65F.

Hmm, Mr. Burn's Nuclear Ale or Krusty's Kreamy Stout. I love those taps, Barney would have been a good one, but I doubt theres too much Barney merch.
You should turn the freezer into a slushee dispenser with an Apu handle...I'm having too much fun with this.

Is that 1/4" ID tubing for your gas? Does it fit on the disconnects ok? I'm thinking of using that on mine if it fits the disconnects, quite a bit cheaper round here.

Hey,

Ya got a part's list for that co2 gizmo? I just got my kegarator going and was wondering how to make that very item,Thanks..

Brewing Clamper said:
Here's what's left of the old one:

You could always invest in some cheap parts and make a low end kegerator out of it to post on craig's list.

If you're in a college town, rig it up as a Sankey kegerator and you could get a few hundred for it. Invest in some paint and give it the local school's colors and you could be closing on a grand.

Just saying-- sometimes selling what you got gets you cash with which to buy more toys.

kornkob said:
You could always invest in some cheap parts and make a low end kegerator out of it to post on craig's list.

If you're in a college town, rig it up as a Sankey kegerator and you could get a few hundred for it. Invest in some paint and give it the local school's colors and you could be closing on a grand.

Just saying-- sometimes selling what you got gets you cash with which to buy more toys.
Goddamn Genius! Too bad PG&E picked it up a few hours ago!!

Porter fan said:
...Ya got a part's list for that co2 gizmo?

Basically, it is two of these manifolds from Harbor Freight with the side plug removed (3/16 hex wrench I think), a 1/4" brass nipple, 5 - 1/4" brass barbed fittings (4 gas lines out, 1 in) and lots of teflon tape.

I removed the side plugs on both of the manifolds and screwed them together with the tape & brass nipple. Since both manifolds have an inlet on top, you're going to have to plug one of them. I was going to use the ones that came with it, but I stripped them too much, so I got a brass one from Lowes instead, now you got 5 holes to plug (that's what she said). That's where the barbed fittings go. Add your hoses & clamps and you get this... Hope this helped.

3764-DSC00276.JPG

I choose to go the freezer route, and so far I have been very happy with it. I like the fact I can carb one beer and serve another one at different pressures.

DSCF0052.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF0054.jpg
[/IMG]

Back