LOVE TSS2-2100 Programming help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunleav1

Reaction score
I have wired a TSS2-2100.
I have cooling hooked up to output 1 and a heater connected to outut 2.
I have the following options set on the controller.

P5=1
c1=dir
c2=inv
r0=dep
SP1=70
SP2=60

Output 2 is not working as expected.
The temperature is 65 and output 2 is getting power. Output 2 should not get power until the temperature is <= SP2 (60). I pulled terminal 11 and confirmed power is on when the temperature is 65. Why?

Output 1 works as expected, if the temperature rises to the SP1 point, output 1 goes hot.

I have the controller wired as this:
1 probe 1 wire a
3 probe 1 wire b
4 neutral
5 power
7 power
8 switched hot - cooler
10 power
11 switched hot - heater

I searched the threads here and I think I'm wired correct. I am missing something?

Thanks,
JD

I am at work, will explain later.

For right now enter the following.

SP2=0
r 2 = 10
Now by changing only SP1 the heating output will always come on 10 degrees below the SP1 set point.
Let me know the effect.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

If you prefer to use SP2 like in your above post, do the following.

r0=ind
SP2= 65 for example
r2= .5 for example

Output two will turn on at 65-.5=64.5, and turn off at 65.

Have to run

Claudius

I guess I still don't understand what the r2 setting does.
Example #1
Operation mode ON/OFF ON1 with r0 set to ind, c2= inv.
Relay #2 turns on when temp probe 1 is less than SP2-r2
If we set SP2 to 60° F and r2 to .5°F the relay 2
turns on at 60 - .5= 59.5°F
turns off at SP2 or 60°F

If we set SP2 to 60° F and r2 to 2°F the relay 2
turns on at 60 - 2°F= 58°F
turns off at SP2 or 60°F

Example #2
Operation mode ON/OFF ON1 with r0 set to dep, c2= inv.
Relay #2 turns on when temp probe 1 is less than SP1+SP2-r2, off at SP2
If we set SP1 to 60°F, SP2 to 50°F and r2 to 1°F the relay 2
turns on because temp is less than (60+50°F-1°F=) 109°F
turns off at 50°F

I set SP1 to 65 and I set SP2 to 40. When the temp hits 65 - SP1 output becomes hot, but it seems SP2 output is always hot.
See example #2 if r0 was set to dep

Example #3
Heating and cooling automatically without changing SP2 every time you change SP1 to have the same temp differential between cooling & heating.

You can set SP2 = 0, r0 set to dep,
r2= 25°F and SP1 65°F as per your above settings without worrying about SP2 and have the same result.

Relay #2 turns on when temp probe 1 is less than SP1+SP2-r2, off SP1+SP2
65°F+0°F-25°F= 40°F relay turns on
65°F+0°F= 65°F relay turns off
Every time you change SP1 the heater comes on when the temp is 25°F below SP1 (r2 setting) without changing SP2.

What do you mean by:
"If you need to coast toward the set point like I require SP2 can be less than 0." ?
Since my setup has a very narrow band between cooling and heating (1.5° F)
I turn the heater off before the temp reaches the set point SP1 to prevent an overshoot, and unnecessary cooling cycle.
My SP2 is set to -1.4°F for my requirement, heater has large terminal mass compared to the heating volume of my cube fridge.

If you need more info about negative temp for SP2 send PM, boring subject.

Cheers,
ClaudusB

Cladius I can't thank you enough for the explanation on the TSS2 2100 Love controller. Just finished hooking mine up to my brand spankin new fermentation cabinet and couldn't have done it without your posts on this subject. Thanks again

TubBrewer

Cladius I can't thank you enough
TubBrewer
Monk_Frika1.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Could not have programmed my new Love without this thread. Big thanks!! I am a cpu guy and looking at the sheet it came with made me want to drink, but hey, waking up makes me want to drink :)

Good info, helping me mess with setting mine up. Don't have the hot side down yet but I see the logic behind it, lol. Fermentor hasn't been refurb'ed yet anyway so it is just running my keezer while I play with it.

So I'm horrible with electronics but I'm trying to program this thing right now and am having a lot of trouble. I have it hook up according to https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/...SS2-210021.bmp but I don't have it hooked up to a heater as I am not using one yet. I lost all the paperwork that came with the controller but I've been trying to comprehend the manual that I found online. When I plug it in, it beeps with the error message "ErP Error of the probe not shown on the display." How do you set all the options as described above?

If you have one probe wired correctly, you need to have P5 set to 1 as it defaults to 2 probes from factory.

Ok that makes sense, but I don't even get how to set P5 to 1? Is this all done from the front three buttons?

Ok that makes sense, but I don't even get how to set P5 to 1? Is this all done from the front three buttons?

From the manual

Parameter setup
•Press SET for 8 seconds. Value 0 will blink.
•With UP and DOWN input the code (factory set as 0).
•Press SET to confirm the code. If correct, the label of the first
parameter will be displayed.
•With UP or DOWN go to the desired parameter in the parameter
list.
•Press SET to see the value.
•With UP or DOWN change the value to the new value as desired.
•Press SET to confirm and exit again to the parameter list. (Also to
exit to the list without parameter modification.)
•Press SET + DOWN to exit setup or wait for 1 minute.

Ok thank you. I think I tried holding SET for 8 seconds but nothing happened, the alarm just kept going off, but I'll try again when I get home later today.

New :confused:controller
Cannot get the unit into parameter setup mode.
All I get is output 1 and output2 to blink

Mine is a different model but this might work.

To program the TS-13010 love digital temperature switch:
a) press [set] with the temperature showing
b) press the [down] button once and release
c) continue holding the [set] button down for 10 seconds or longer

Thanks so much for the programming tips. This really helped me out with my new controller build.

Back