Funny BMC & now Y people...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. I was sure the kolsh would do it. Thought of that one after I posted. How about one of those blonde beers? German or Belgian?

Or how about trying to not convert him and just accept that he likes finely made light lagers? Or try making a BMC clone?

why not convert him. sounds like a fun project. atleast you might get funny reactions from the guy

Aw, c'mon now. Bitte ein Bit!

bitburger_tablett_wm_presse.jpg

As German Pils goes, it's not that bad. :cross: It must not travel well.

I've never had a fresh Bit so I can't say. I think the stuff he got was on sale and had been sitting in the store for who knows how long. Could be why it tasted like A$$.

I agree it's fun to make fun of BMC, but comments like these make me cringe. Who cares if they drink BMC or Y? If they like it that's great, let them drink what they like.

You need to get it out of your heads that just because you drink craft beer makes you elite. BMC and Y are good beers. Just because you don't like them (or can't make them) doesn't mean that people who do like them are inferior.

I wonder if the people mocking everyone else would find it funny of a coffee snob mocked their coffee, a wine snob mocked their wine, and a foodie mocked all their food choices too? *****ery is *****ery no matter what item it is you're consuming. :p

I wonder if the coffee snobs could stand my redneck rocket fuel made with Jamaican Blue Mountain? Wine snobbery doesn't bother me.

food and wine snobbery doesn't bother me either. i still like gas station nachos and the big jug of "table wine". what ever that is. but if a food snob offered me to try his homemade filet and lobster i would do it. or a wine snob wanted me to try his Cabernet or what ever i would do it. and they would be right, it is better. but that doesn't mean i have to quit eating nachos or drinking box wine. or that he was being a dick for trying to expose me to better things. keep working of your FIL. just don't be condescending and don't expect him to give up his favorite beer.

People dont like change. Chances are you FIL has been loyally drinking his beer for decades, and I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. You said he tastes all of your homebrew, so it's not like he's a 22 year old girl who has been brainwashed by TV commercials and is afraid to taste anything but Miller Light.

My next door neighbor is in his 80s and has 1 beer per day in a lawn chair in his driveway. He buys whatever is cheapest or has a mail-in-rebate from the distributor, usually Genesee, because he says it all tastes the same to him.

As long as the guy is content with his cheap beer and isn't rude about you having different tastes, I say continue to be polite and offer your tastings, but dont push because he'll only dig in his heels more...

Different strokes for different folks.

Why not attempt to brew a BMC clone? Not only would it be something your FIL would drink, it would most likely impress him and be a demanding test of your brewing skills.

Why not attempt to brew a BMC clone? Not only would it be something your FIL would drink, it would most likely impress him and be a demanding test of your brewing skills.

I'd like to see this theory put to the test... My prediction is that unless it comes out of the can/bottle that he is used to drinking, he wont like it.

My senior marketing project in college was this exact experiment.

I'll start a new thread as to not hijack this further.

I'd like to see this theory put to the test... My prediction is that unless it comes out of the can/bottle that he is used to drinking, he wont like it.

My senior marketing project in college was this exact experiment.

I'll start a new thread as to not hijack this further.

So then he should bottle it in the aluminum bottles. That way there will be no telling the difference. :D

I've never had a fresh Bit so I can't say. I think the stuff he got was on sale and had been sitting in the store for who knows how long. Could be why it tasted like A$$.

I have poured out old Bitburger. I don't know what A$$ tastes like, but is sounds like a good description.

In Germany, fresh vom Fass, it's a pretty decent German Pils. Light, crisp and as the Germans say, Herb which means it has a good hop nose & flavor.

They've been brewing since 1817 and I'll take a cold fresh one anytime.

Nope. I was in Bamberg at the time. I loved everything produced by Gebruder Maisels GMBH. Just couldn't hack Bittburger.

Maybe they where just tasting dirty tap lines ;)

I was at a red robins a couple of weeks ago(first and last time). Noble pils was the only thing good on tap so that is what I ordered. It was ok but nothing to write home about. I don't see how they got sour out of it and there was very little bitterness I thought.

Back