Corny keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOctober

Reaction score
I already know that the "out" side of the keg is a 7/8's ratchet (I bought it friday) Now I need a deep socket for the "in" side it looks like a star to me, does anyone know exactly what to look for, can anyone link to this thread what I'm looking for?

I really what prefer not to drag my keg to lowes unless I really have to.

Thanks in advance.

they do make deep 12 point sockets for a standard socket wrench. i haven't had much luck finding them at home depot but have had great results at automotive supply stores.

alternatively you can sometimes find a regular crescent wrench with a 12 point wrench on the other side:
1713.jpg

if you have your choice i've found the socket wrench type a little easier to work with, but both are fine.

well, it looks similar to what i'm talking about.

that one is designed for pin lock corny kegs (coca-cola). most of us use ball lock (pepsi). i wouldn't be surprised if they were the same size but i wouldn't be surprised if they weren't either. i'm sorry that i don't remember the size of my ball lock star pattern wrench, but again i'm not sure how standard they are.

i can tell you that i brought the keg with me into autozone when i was looking for the wrench. they thought it was awesome.

I have a 7/8's and it doesnt fit.... I guess 11/16 and 13/16 will be my next try or an even better idea.... I'm thinkin I'll just bring the darn thing to the store with me.

Latest posts

Back