What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this "fruit beer" talk made me thirsty.

image-1086710244.jpg

Yuup and it foooking sucks!

Sucks is pretty harsh. I thought it was decent, not great. I bought a 4 pack a month ago and two remain. I will use the remainder to mix with a non-fruited homebrew for the sake of variety in the batch.

Rubaeus has real raspberry flavor. It's semi-sweet (for a fruit beer) without tartness. I like sweet and tart or dry and sour. The middle ground is meh.

nukebrewer said:
Don't need to say anything

How'd the rest of your brewday go after the stuck sparge? Did you pitch anything other than the 665?

NIZZLE said:
It's fooking phenomenal and as far as I know they don't make it anymore :-( so fuzzy wuzzy's recipe is all we got.

Speaking of key lime pie, I'm enjoying some key lime cookies with my raspberry skeeter pee.

image-3856898258.jpg

How'd the rest of your brewday go after the stuck sparge? Did you pitch anything other than the 665?

Once I got the sparge going everything went off without a hitch. Even got 1% higher efficiency than I calculated for despite the problems. I ended up pitching the 665 and a packet of Mangrove Jack's Workhorse.

nukebrewer said:
Once I got the sparge going everything went off without a hitch. Even got 1% higher efficiency than I calculated for despite the problems. I ended up pitching the 665 and a packet of Mangrove Jack's Workhorse.

Well it will be dry! I've hear mangrove jack's is pretty beastly. A buddy is nuts over there hefe yeast.

NIZZLE said:
Ya we got growlers =64 oz's howlers = 32 oz's and stumblers = 1 gallon

I need to build up a growler collection. It's a shame the Perrin one you sent shattered in transit.
I wonder why the 1 gallon is called a stumbler....;)

You sure pointed out my "homer" breweries for someone who doesn't care where beer is brewed :fro:

Your personal taste and geographic location don't influence my perception of beer.

I don't give extra points based on where a beer is brewed. I can't reliably say the same about you. Your favorite fruit beers all happen to be brewed in your state. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :ban:

DisturbdChemist said:
Ahh.. I just call anything that can be filled with beer a growler.

Well in that case, I could call my mouth a growler....

NIZZLE said:
Hehe me to grrrrrrowler :p

I can fill it with beer so it just makes since. And I growl at anyone who gets too close to my beer. I don't share well. ;)

Randy_Bugger said:
NG doesn't use artificial fruit flavors. They use real fruit and it's fermented.

The difference between an NG fruit beer and and other real fruit beers is residual sugar. They make sweet/tart fruit beers. Raspberry Tart's FG is around 1.030. The high FG is intentional. They stop the yeast before it attains a natural FG. When you drink them, it doesn't taste like beer. It tastes like flawless fruit juice that gives you a buzz.

I'm not a fan of sweet beers except for fruit beers. Dry fruit beers taste good to me only IF they are soured.

Name a few fruit beers that are "better" than anything NG makes. I've probably drank it and will be happy to disagree with you. :)

He's not a fan boy at all!!!! To each their own.

NIZZLE said:
What gave you that impressions geeez :-D

Maybe the fact he runs his mouth to everyone, trying to force the idea that NG makes the best fruit beer in the world. Apparently if you don't think so as well, you're a homer. I'd also like to see these lists that NG will remain on top of forever. I've never had NG nor do I feel the need to.

Lets let the NG thing go. I think we started off joking around, no need for anyone to get bent out of shape.

I hate karaoke. But it's a bachelor party, so whatever he wants, right? At least they have Old Rasputin on tap. Plus many DFH 90 min at dinner beforehand.

Back