Hop plant tragedy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duskb

Reaction score
My 3 year old girl in a fit of excitement grabbed onto my one of my newly established Columbus hop plants that was a good 2' tall and ripped it clean from the soil. It snapped clear from the main root and I saw lots of little roots still dangling. It definitely took a beating.

I buried it again and added some B2 and H20 to try to salvage the plant. How likely is it this thing will survive? Anyone had luck pulling these plants out of the fire?

I'd say it's 50/50. I got some hallertau shoots from a member here and roughly half of them took root. How long ago did you plant that CTZ?

I'd say it's 50/50. I got some hallertau shoots from a member here and roughly half of them took root. How long ago did you plant that CTZ?

About a month ago. The rhizome took off right away. I've been watching it over the last 24 hours and at present it does not appear to be affected by the whole experience. Usually with most plants shock sets in during this time. I might be lucky. Time will tell.

Back