2nd beer PB Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
Inspired by Kilted Brewers endeavor I made a Peanut Butter Stout today. I doubled the amount of PB though in an attempt to get a stronger peanut butter flavor. Only issue I came across is the PB must have been a little chunky cause my strainer funnel kept clogging up.

n12702183_34729943_2426-1.jpg

Nice. i guess I should have mentioned that the PB will clump up a little! :ban:
Keep us posted. And be patient with this one. Let it age a little.

:mug:

I have a feeling this one will need a little extra time anyway, I added an extra 3 lbs of DME along with that PB, SG was 1.072 this beer is gonna have some kick. :D

You're looking at what...2 weeks? Give it more time. I didn't notice at first either. There was a hint of nut aftertaste but not what I was looking for. I had mine in the primary for 12 days, then 31 days in secondary with another 2 weeks in the keg after that till I started to really enjoy it.

Used Smuckers brand PB. Removed as much oil as I could by laying down several layers of paper towels, spreading the PB out to about a 1/2 inch or so thick on the paper towels then covering with more paper towels, the paper towels absorbed a lot of oil and left the PB much dryer in a consistency sort of like play-doh. Doesnt seem to be any sort of oily residue on top of the liquid in the primary.

Latest posts

Back