Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iguana

Reaction score
How do people store the different stages of their beer? from the fermenter to the bottles?

Just wanted to see what others do. I keep most my bottles in plastic crates unless they are in the fridge. ;) when they're empty, i put them back in the crate. :drunk:

I just put the fermenter wherever it is not in the way and in a good temp. lol

bottles and fermenters are all stashed in my fireplace cove and covered with a blanket. Temp is roughly 75 degrees there. I know it's a little warmer than ideal, but things seem to be doing fine. I think it helps that the bricks are actually a little cooler than the ambient temp, so they are theoretically sucking the heat out of the fermenters.

But.. Sears is delivering our new fridge tomorrow, so the old one is headed to the garage where I can use it for "proper" temperature regulation of my carboys.

-walker

I keep mine in a big plastic tub down in the basement. I figure if I get a bottle bomb, it will contain the blast :)

In boxes in basement except the few of each batch that i put on a shelf. Don't use basement for anything really but a storage place for all the wonderful items we have purchased over the years that we don't use any more. So not a whole lot of light.

All my equipment and batches are stored in the basement, in a back room where my heating oil tank for the house is found. Like Lupus said, if there's a bottle bomb, I won't have to worry too much because there's nothing else in there.

Latest posts

Back