Please a moment of silence...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elfmaze

Reaction score
Woke up to find a leak in the kegerator and 4.5 gallons of Oktoberfest sitting in the bottom of the chest freezer....

16450_569959909008_39700867_33360750_7709208_n.jpg

Is this going to turn into one of those "Is my Beer Ruined" threads....?

...If it helps you feel any better what-so-ever, I woke up to an empty C02 tank yesterday morning because I was drunk and in a hurry when I switch from the sanke to the cornie tap... and never tightened one of the fittings. I was upset, but nothing compared to what you must have felt losing a keg-o-beer....

I, too, shall raise a pint this afternoon in memory of your loss.

I still think you need to find a really huge straw, though, and salvage what you can.

If it were me, I'd syphon it back into a cornie... might be tough based on the height of it, but no sense not at least trying to save it. I'm not worried about a little freezer floor fungus.

Hell, in college the only way we ever cleaned anything keg related was to flush the first few ounces into a pitcher that was generally saved for the folks we didn't like... floaters and all. Can't say as though I didn't have a beer or two with some cute little green chunks floating around in 'em. And I'm stick kicking.

I have empathy for your situation..... I force carbinate all my beers, I had 30 lbs of pressure on 5 gallons of my IIPA, got home from work ans saw a stream of liquid running out the garage door. when I got in the garage the stream led to the keggerator. When I opened the door and lifted the keg out, it had about a pint left in it. The preesure from c02 blew the beer line off inside the tower right where it connects to the tap! There was no thought of licking the garage floor!!

This too shall pass....

Eastside

If it were me, I'd syphon it back into a cornie... might be tough based on the height of it, but no sense not at least trying to save it. I'm not worried about a little freezer floor fungus.

I just threw up a little thinking of all the nastiness that is in all those other cornie bottoms. A lot of funk get in and around the rubber bottoms of cornies. I absolutely wouldn't drink that. yuckkkkkkkkkkk :confused::confused::confused:

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and all those associated with this tragedy...

It would seem the out post of the keg didn't seal quite right when i disconnected the BMBF the night before. Over night the beer dripped out thru the not quite sealing keg post... Time to learn to rebuild these things, I'm not loosing another keg to a bad seal!

I just threw up a little thinking of all the nastiness that is in all those other cornie bottoms. A lot of funk get in and around the rubber bottoms of cornies. I absolutely wouldn't drink that. yuckkkkkkkkkkk

You worry too much..... Perhaps that's why I never get sick and all of the germaphobes I know are always ill......

Latest posts

Back