Looking for a tattoo designer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyweed

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals)

I am wanting to get an arm band tattoo on my upper bicep. I am a HUGE minnesota Vikings fan, and would like someone to come up with a design for me that would incorporate the new font spelling of "minnesota vikings" with their logo inbetween. I have no design skills, so thought I'd post it here to see if anyone could help me out???

Thanks for any replies!! (I figured brewing and tattoo's would go hand and hand!!:rockin:)

Dan

Guessing you live in Minnesota? Your best bet would probably be to talk to an artist, ask them what they specialize in and if they don't specialize in the type of tattoo you want, ask them for a referral. Look through their books and talk to them, don't bother with any flash on the walls and go from there.

I'm in Michigan, so any referral I could give would be of no use to you. Good luck, hope someone here can give you that referral you are looking for!

Wholeheartedly agree with the above statement. If you have some friends that have ink that looks good ask who their artist is, or do a little online research, go into some shops, look at portfolios and talk with the folks that will actually be doing the work.

I normally look for tattoo art at.......

wait for it.....

wait......

Tattoo shops!!!

Sorry Fly, I couldn't resist! But seriously, go to a reputible, clean shop in your area, plop down on a couch and thumb through all of their books......almost guaranteed to see a Minn Viking tattoo in there somewhere.....boom there is the guy for you!

any tattoo ARTIST (vs. a guy that can use a tattoo machine) can draw up your artwork and then put it on your skin with skill.

the good artists enjoy doing this...making custom tattoos, rather than pulling flash off the wall.

plus you can have real time input with the artist.

your best bet is seeking out a few of the best artist in your area then finding the one that has the style you like the best, from there give them a few very simple parameters about what you want and let them go wild. Lots of people go into a tattoo shop with this laundry list of what they want and how they want it and despite what you may or may not have seen on popular TV reality shows about tattoos and the shops their are tattoo artist and plenty of them around that don't always question the clients ideas they just go ahead make you happy and do it, and generally with tattoos the client is always right modo does not fly. kind of like a tattoo artist coming over your house and telling you how he wants a beer brewed and you know its gonna taste like piss but go ahead and brew it.

Hell if you wanted to come to Lincoln, you could get worked on by the artist at my shop.
he does some amazing stuff.

lol you gonna get brett farves face on your arm too? I heard you guys are obsessed with him! (I gotta admit I got a man crush on him hes on my fantasy team and I'm 10-3). But in all honesty check out this picture http://ready2beat.com/files/n/10584-sports-football-minnesota-vikings-tv-schedule.jpg I don't really know the look your going for, and I'm not an artist, but I do concept stuff sometimes for my graphic design friends who are the ones with the real talent. Do you want mostly/all text or an image or an imagine that sort of creates the text (Like the viking hair fading off the text)?

I definitely agree that you find a good shop, actively go in and talk to someone, and have the artist draw something up for you. Then the artist can put their own spin and style on your tattoo and create something that no one else has.

As for finding a shop, I always suggest using BME to find a good tattoo shop in your area if you do not specifically know someone who has gotten anything from the shops in your area.
http://411.bmezine.com/search
You can type in your city, state, etc and it will list for you the different tattoo shops, webpages of the shops, and even people opinions and reviews of the shops.

Back