Circle City Brewing Haus Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
US-05
Yeast Starter
NO
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
NO
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
o
Additional Fermentation
o
Tasting Notes
Light, citrus, carb it up well to make it dance on your tongue, really refreshing!
6 lbs 2-Row ($7.26)
.50 lbs Caramel Pils ($.86)
.50 lbs Crystal 20L ($.70)
.50 lbs Vienna ($.81)

.25 oz Cascade Leaf (7.4AA) FWH ($.30)
.25 oz Cascade Leaf (7.4AA) @ 90 min ($.30)
.25 oz Cascade Leaf (7.4AA) @ 35 min ($.30)
.25 oz Cascade Leaf (7.4AA) @ 20 min ($.30)

Mash 150F for 60 mins
Mashout 168F for 15 mins
Runoff 7.4 gallons
Boil 90 mins
Post-boil 5.3 gallons

Yeast: Rehydrated US-05/Nottingham/WLP001 etc... ($1.96)

Ferment 65F

Total cost for ingredients: $12.79
Total cost to run E-HLT: $.28
Total cost to run E-BK: $.90

Total cost to brew: $13.97

CCB_HA1.JPG

Cool, I keep this on tap at all times, generally, I have 1.5 kegs of it here now.

Question; why's this listed as a Belgian/French ale? It's a domestic yeast, domestic hops, mostly domestic malts... looks like a good beer, but not French or Belgian!

It depends on how you pronounce it... hello!
It can be moved, honestly, I dont know why!

well i kegged it today i let it sit a little longer waiting for a spot for it.I have to say chilled and flat it tasted pretty damn good.Cant wait till its carbed to get a good taste will post back in a few days.

I have my NO CHILL version of it kegged and it is fabulous. Well, I mean it is a great light, easy drinking beer. It is an EXCELLENT gateway beer for those just trying homebrew.

well it is carbed and a very tasty light beer just what i was looking for for the bmc crowd this summer and enough taste for me to enjoy by the pool.I will be brewing more of this.I used notty have you tried 05 what yeasts have you tried and what one do you like best?Thanks

I have used 04 and 05 and like them equally well. I am glad that you like it, I keep it around as a cheap beer to please the BMC crowd.

I have my NO CHILL version of it kegged and it is fabulous. Well, I mean it is a great light, easy drinking beer. It is an EXCELLENT gateway beer for those just trying homebrew.

Is that "no chill" as in you let it sit overnight to hit pitching temp?
I'm looking at exploring that as a way to shorted the brew day.

Is that "no chill" as in you let it sit overnight to hit pitching temp?
I'm looking at exploring that as a way to shorted the brew day.

Yes, that is exactly what it is. I put it in an HDPE fermentor, let it cool for 15-24 hours and then pitch.

Good good... it is ODD seeing my beer in someone elses sig!

viewing circle city brewing , now i want herms plans maybe i can afford one system anyone have the construction plans? call 5204888472

Latest posts

Back