Post your infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do try to clean and sanitize the plastic fermenter make your next brew an inexpensive one. Maybe just a SMaSH pale ale. 2-row and lightly hopped with an inexpensive hop.

I have not had an infection but most say that once a plastic fermenter or other parts have been exposed to infective microbes you are hit or miss on being able to use it again.

Thank you all for the responses. Thinking back at my cold side process, I soaked/sprayed/wiped everything down with StarSan, as I always do. The only time I can think I may have not sanitized well enough was when taking a sample.

None the less, thanks for the confirmations, I've got everything soaking and will be doing a couple simple brews to see how they go.

Spent the last three days reading through this entire thread. Things I've learned:

1. Do not dry hop in muslin bags. Better yet, don't dry hop in a secondary.
2. Do not secondary unless you can get the volume of liquid fully into the neck of the receiving carboy.
3. Do not secondary in buckets, only use vessels with a reduced neck, like a carboy.
4. Better yet, don't secondary.
5. You can never be too anal about cleanliness.
6. If it is infected your better off trashing the fermenter if it's plastic so, cover it and let it ride for a few months until the gravity is stable and try it. If it's not drinkable you're out nothing but you may have a happy accident!
7. Valves are like mules. They'll be your best friend for years until they get the right opportunity to kick you.

All the Best,
D. White

If it is infected your better off trashing the fermenter if it's plastic so, cover it and let it ride for a few months until the gravity is stable and try it. If it's not drinkable you're out nothing but you may have a happy accident!
You must have skipped my posts. ;)

Well, here are my thoughts, if you're interested...
I use wild microbes, Brett, and bacteria a lot. I don't segregate equipment.
1. Do not dry hop in muslin bags. Better yet, don't dry hop in a secondary.
2. Do not secondary unless you can get the volume of liquid fully into the neck of the receiving carboy.
3. Do not secondary in buckets, only use vessels with a reduced neck, like a carboy.
4. Better yet, don't secondary.
Definitely true. Using a secondary vessel increases oxygen exposure, and provides no benefit. The risk of contamination increases exponentially every time an additional piece of equipment contacts the wort/beer on the cold side.

However, keep in mind that often a contamination is only discovered by the presence of a pellicle. Pellicles only form in the presence of oxygen. Therefore if a beer is contaminated but not exposed to oxygen (secondary or dry hopping), no pellicle will form and the brewer may never realized the batch was contaminated. It's the presence of oxygen that gives the contamination away.
A lot more batches are contaminated than people realize.

6. If it is infected your better off trashing the fermenter if it's plastic
Have you ever used a plastic piece of brewing equipment? It's 100% guaranteed that the item had wild microbes on at some point before you used it. If we followed the advice to throw it away if it comes into contact with wild microbes, we would throw away all the plastic before ever using it.

Plastic can be cleaned and sanitized as well as any other brewing equipment. The only limitation is that you shouldn't use any abrasive material to scrub it.
Alkaline cleaning products commonly used for homebrewing (e.g. PBW) are effective at both removing and killing potential contaminants. The sanitizers we use are effective at killing any microbes on clean surfaces.
To avoid contamination, these products just need to be used properly and you need to use good sanitary technique when dealing with the wort/beer.
let it ride for a few months until the gravity is stable and try it. If it's not drinkable you're out nothing but you may have a happy accident!
Most contaminated beers don't have off-flavors. It's completely fine to package them as normal. If bottling, monitor carbonation, because there's a small chance of over-carbonation.

Even without wild microbes, beer sitting in the fermenter for months will oxidize, which is not great for flavor (although opinions vary on this). Also, most wild microbes do not produce desirable flavors in beer, especially with oxygen present.

Sour beers made with a good process and with the right mix of microbes are very delicious, but any random beer with random wild microbes likely won't taste very good.
7. Valves are like mules. They'll be your best friend for years until they get the right opportunity to kick you.
Disassemble everything for proper cleaning, at least periodically.

Plastic can be cleaned and sanitized as well as any other brewing equipment. The only limitation is that you shouldn't use any abrasive material to scrub it.
Alkaline cleaning products commonly used for homebrewing (e.g. PBW) are effective at both removing and killing potential contaminants. The sanitizers we use are effective at killing any microbes on clean surfaces.

I don't get into the science but have read that some microbes form a bio-film that's nearly impossible to get through when in a plastic bucket. I had an infection (contamination) once, and cleaning and bleaching wouldn't get rid of it. I finally replaced the plastic and had no more problems. What's your feeling about bio-films?

I don't get into the science but have read that some microbes form a bio-film that's nearly impossible to get through when in a plastic bucket. I had an infection (contamination) once, and cleaning and bleaching wouldn't get rid of it. I finally replaced the plastic and had no more problems. What's your feeling about bio-films?
While I can't speak from experience, I know there are some cases where plastic/rubber parts can't easily be cleaned and need to be replaced. Microbes do adhere more easily to plastic surfaces. It's unclear whether these cases are due to particular strains of tenacious microbes, some kind of malformation or scratching on the plastic surface, or improper/inadequate cleaning practice. However it's not typical to need to replace everything plastic from what I've seen.

When to make the determination to scrap it or "dedicate to sours" is up to each individual of course. I suggest trying to clean a fermenter one time and if the next batch is also contaminated then it's time for a new one. I wouldn't hesitate to replace a cheap spigot or gaskets after a contamination. Also be sure to clean and/or eliminate other sources of contamination. Sometimes people replace their fermenters/plastics and the next batch still gets contaminated from some other source.

Milk the Funk has a lot of info about biofilms:
http://www.milkthefunk.com/wiki/Quality_Assurance#Biofilms
I want to point out that biofilm formation takes time. That's an incentive to package your beer within a minimal timeframe after fermentation completes. It's also a great reason to rinse and clean everything immediately after use and keep equipment clean between uses.

Personally I use a warm PBW soak (not just Oxiclean) followed by a warm citric acid rinse (water rinses before and after each). This sort of mimics the standard commercial brewery process, but less dangerous. So far, it's been effective for controlling all the wild microbes that I've used.
HDPE (e.g. buckets and most spigots) and rubber (including silicone) can be heated with water above Pasteurization temperatures as an additional measure if needed, like after a contamination.

Cheers

Last edited:
My Oktoberfast ale I brewed it in early September and let it set in the garage to “lager” as the temp dropped. Well was looking forward to kegging it but now it’s infected it’s my first infection and I tasted it there is a slight paint thinner hint to it not the best so most likely gonna dump it although the thought of letting it age for another 6-8 months to see if the wild stuff does anything good could be cool too
6400145E-A307-4B9F-997C-16E2B1E20C9E.jpeg

"Paint thinner" or "nail polish" is likely high levels of ethyl acetate (generally attributed to Pichia + excess oxygen). If that's the case, it won't age out; it only gets worse. Personally I wouldn't bother trying to age it; it'll just make the plastic harder to clean .

Definite infection. Those cloudy blobs at the bottom.

I was told to test the probiotics you're taking and spending good money on. Boiled two tablespoons of honey in a cup of spring water, added some yeast nutrient (diammonium phosphate) and pitched a capsule. It's been room temp so growing slowly. Does seem viable though.

All the Best,
D. White

When taking a sample for a gravity reading, it tasted alright. Is it worth keeping around, or dumping?
I'm of the opinion that you should go ahead and package it if there aren't off-flavors. Seems like most of the time the beer turns out fine.

If bottling you need to monitor for possible over-carbonation.
Clean everything thoroughly and review your process for possible sources of contamination.

The surface of my NEIPA.

It’s been dry hopped twice with 5.5 ounces total in the secondary. Find it hard to believe it’s infected.

thoughts?

by the way: smells like orange juice, looks like fresh grapefruit juice...getting ready to bottle anyway

Attachments

• 0240181B-4230-405B-85D9-6EC60A072447.jpeg
    0240181B-4230-405B-85D9-6EC60A072447.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
The surface of my NEIPA.

It’s been dry hopped twice with 5.5 ounces total in the secondary. Find it hard to believe it’s infected.

thoughts?

by the way: smells like orange juice, looks like fresh grapefruit juice...getting ready to bottle anyway
Surely looks like the beginning of a pellicle: the broken-ice-like haze, and the white dots and strands forming at 1:00.

Bottle, let carbonate up and stick in fridge. Drink fast.

Stop using secondaries: a) they don't solve anything, b) can cause oxidation and infections. Dry hop in "primary," the one and only fermenter you need.

Surely looks like the beginning of a pellicle: the broken-ice-like haze, and the white dots and strands forming at 1:00.

Stop using secondaries: a) they don't solve anything, b) can cause oxidation and infections. Dry hop in "primary," the one and only fermenter you need.

it’s actually a bad picture unfortunately. The white dots are actually from the flash and appear to be nucleation sites.

Removed the 2nd hop bag yesterday and it looks like this today.

on this batch, I had to rack because o had to get the beer off of the hops from boil, hop stand and whirlpool to reduce bitterness and grassy notes...but duly noted!

thanks

it’s actually a bad picture unfortunately. The white dots are actually from the flash and appear to be nucleation sites.

Removed the 2nd hop bag yesterday and it looks like this today.

on this batch, I had to rack because o had to get the beer off of the hops from boil, hop stand and whirlpool to reduce bitterness and grassy notes...but duly noted!

thanks

Did you transfer these hops to the primary fermenter? If so, why? If not, once the wort is cooled they are no longer adding any bitterness. Grassy is often caused by dry hopping for too long.

Did you transfer these hops to the primary fermenter? If so, why? If not, once the wort is cooled they are no longer adding any bitterness. Grassy is often caused by dry hopping for too long.

the hop bill left a ton of sediment under my beer in the primary that I just didn’t want there...but understood

Definite infection. Those cloudy blobs at the bottom.

I was told to test the probiotics you're taking and spending good money on. Boiled two tablespoons of honey in a cup of spring water, added some yeast nutrient (diammonium phosphate) and pitched a capsule. It's been room temp so growing slowly. Does seem viable though.

All the Best,
D. White

I got one of those cloudy blobs in a mason jar when I was trying to propagate a basil plant. Life is weird.

Update:
day two of the film and I am confident it was acetobacter. Very strong vinegar smell in the headspace. Racked from under, picked up a bit of yeast from the bottom, left one gallon, primed, and prepared for bottle. Gravity was near terminal for a NEIPA. Tasted, smelled and tested pH prior to bottling; all seemed perfectly fine. While I know the contaminants are throughout the entire batch, I hope they dont turn to vinegar in all of the bottle headspaces. Used CO2 purging positive pressure bottling system to remove all oxygen from bottles to lessen potential for reactivation. Roused bottles after 1 day. Will monitor over the next 5-7 days, then refrigerate and drink as fast as possible haha.

Thanks for the input. This was the 3rd time I have ever developed a film similar to that and the first two times I believe they were not any form of wild bacterial yeast as they either disappeared or never progressed and did not impact flavor in the slightest bit. This time could obviously be different, but if they survive I will post a picture in the glass. If they fail...well I will just come back and tell you

This was the 3rd time I have ever developed a film similar to that and the first two times I believe they were not any form of wild bacterial yeast as they either disappeared or never progressed and did not impact flavor in the slightest bit.
Brewers yeast does not form a pellicle, so you certainly had wild microbes those other times.
Most of the time contaminations have no obvious effect on flavor.

Brewers yeast does not form a pellicle, so you certainly had wild microbes those other times.
Most of the time contaminations have no obvious effect on flavor.

interestingly enough, a biofilm atop wort can be comprised of many different things and is by no means automatically indicative of wild bacteria or yeast. It could be dead yeast cells, proteins, lipids, sugars, or combinations of all.

*this is not my verbiage and is from a PhD in microbiology

Source please. I'd love to hear more about pellicles forming without wild microbes. :)

How did you rule out Gluconobacter?

you are confusing my comment as to say that a pellicle didn’t form. These biofilms are always considered “pellicle” as a pellicle is simply a biofilm that forms at the liquid-air interface.

Point being, the microorganisms in “brewers yeast” can form biofilms at the liquid-air interface without it being a byproduct of wild bacterial yeast

Gluconobacter oxydans is identical to Acetobacter suboxydans...ergo same ****

I wasn't questioning whether a pellicle formed. I was pointing out the fact that only wild microbes form pellicles.
Point being, the microorganisms in “brewers yeast” can form biofilms at the liquid-air interface without it being a byproduct of wild bacterial
Please point to a commercial strain of Saccharomyces that forms a pellicle, if you want to support that argument. I'm fairly certain none of them do.
Gluconobacter oxydans is identical to Acetobacter suboxydans...ergo same poopy
Actetobacter suboxydans was reclassified because it's in fact NOT Actetobacter. There are also other Gluconobacter species capable of producing acetic acid. :)

Furthermore, how do you know the contaminating microbe is bacteria and not yeast?

We simply can't really determine what microbe(s) are present just by the appearance of a pellicle and a whiff of acetic acid. There are lots of different organisms that can contaminated beer.

I wasn't questioning whether a pellicle formed. I was pointing out the fact that only wild microbes form pellicles.

Please point to a commercial strain of Saccharomyces that forms a pellicle, if you want to support that argument. I'm fairly certain none of them do.

Actetobacter suboxydans was reclassified because it's in fact NOT Actetobacter. There are also other Gluconobacter species capable of producing acetic acid. :)

Furthermore, how do you know the contaminating microbe is bacteria and not yeast?

We simply can't really determine what microbe(s) are present just by the appearance of a pellicle and a whiff of acetic acid. There are lots of different organisms that can contaminated beer.

I know you have a hard-on to belittle people and claim superiority, but it took me all of two seconds to locate a scientific journal that cites typical ale yeast (S. cerevisiae) producing biofilm

https://academic.oup.com/femspd/article/65/2/169/681089

I suppose I will go further:
It certainly isn't gluconobacter oxydans (or acetobacter suboxydans) as neither of those are pellicle forming,

See:
STUDIES OF CERTAIN NON-PELLICLE-FORMING VINEGAR BACTERIA' S. C. VANDECAVEYE From the Division of Bacteriology, Washington Agricultural Experiment Station

It is instead likely acetobacter aceti (a vinegar producing bacteria that DOES create a pellicle) but the group of bacteria that produce acetic acid are all part of the Acetobacteraceae family...if you receive an acetic acid production from wild bacteria, it is bacteria from the Acetobacteraceae family. Now it could be a yeast strain, but it would have to be one of the 60-ish yeasts of the Brett or Dekkera families. The likelihood of finding will Brett or Dekkera strains in wort when you have never utilized any yeast from those families is highly improbable, in fact near impossible.

So in short, if you have produced acetic acid in beer, have a pellicle, and you have used S. cerevisiae, you have a wild bacterial contamination from the Acetobacteraceae family. Gluconobacter oxydans DOES NOT FORM A PELLICLE

Edit...near impossible unless you have a fruit orchard nearby, but then you wouldn’t be introducing a strain of Brett that produces acetic acid would you?

I know you have a hard-on to belittle people and claim superiority
That's not at all what I'm trying to do, so I'm sorry you feel that way. I want to make sure we all have the facts straight.

it took me all of two seconds to locate a scientific journal that cites typical ale yeast (S. cerevisiae) producing biofilm

https://academic.oup.com/femspd/article/65/2/169/681089
Some strains of S. cerevisiae can form a pellicle (e.g. Σ1278b).
However, no commercial brewing strains of Saccharomyces form a pellicle.
Therefore pellicle = wild microbes.

Again, I'd love to see if there's any evidence to the contrary so I could correct my thoughts on this. Perhaps you could simply point out which commercial Sacc strain you used that forms a pellicle.

So in short, if you have produced acetic acid in beer, have a pellicle, and you have used S. cerevisiae, you have a wild bacterial contamination from the Acetobacteraceae family.
That was my point. It certainly could be any of the acetic acid bacteria family, not just Acetobacter. Other bacteria do also produce acetic acid, such as Lactobacillus, Pectinatus, Megasphaera, etc., but these would likely have other noticable byproducts besides acetic acid.

Fair point about Brett, although it may not be as rare as you might think. Some wild yeast wranglers claim to be able to frequently isolate Brett strains growing on local plants in their area.

One important piece is missing: Who's to say the contamination isn't polymicrobial? You could have one microbe producing acetic acid and another that forms a pellicle. Given the extreme abundance and variety of microbes all around us, wouldn't you say it's possible there could be more than just a single species that got into the beer through whatever means?

I only argue this point with the hope that I may protect you or other people from thinking "huh, vinegar, must be just bacteria so I'm safe from bottle bombs." This assumption overlooks the fact that a high-attenuation wild yeast strain could possibly also be present and bottles could explode. That's why I don't think it's wise to make assumptions about the identity and exclusivity of contaminating microbes.

Edit...near impossible unless you have a fruit orchard nearby, but then you wouldn’t be introducing a strain of Brett that produces acetic acid would you?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do some strains of Brett not produce any acetic acid under semi-aerobic conditions? I know there's some variability but I haven't heard of any strains that just don't produce it.

Cheers

Last edited:
That's not at all what I'm trying to do, so I'm sorry you feel that way. I want to make sure we all have the facts straight.

Some strains of S. cerevisiae can form a pellicle (e.g. Σ1278b).
However, no commercial brewing strains of Saccharomyces form a pellicle.
Therefore pellicle = wild microbes.

Again, I'd love to see if there's any evidence to the contrary so I could correct my thoughts on this. Perhaps you could simply point out which commercial Sacc strain you used that forms a pellicle.

That was my point. It certainly could be any of the acetic acid bacteria family, not just Acetobacter. Other bacteria do also produce acetic acid, such as Lactobacillus, Pectinatus, Megasphaera, etc., but these would likely have other noticable byproducts besides acetic acid.

Fair point about Brett, although it may not be as rare as you might think. Some wild yeast wranglers claim to be able to frequently isolate Brett strains growing on local plants in their area.

One important piece is missing: Who's to say the contamination isn't polymicrobial? You could have one microbe producing acetic acid and another that forms a pellicle. Given the extreme abundance and variety of microbes all around us, wouldn't you say it's possible there could be more than just a single species that got into the beer through whatever means?

I only argue this point with the hope that I may protect you or other people from thinking "huh, vinegar, must be just bacteria so I'm safe from bottle bombs." This assumption overlooks the fact that a high-attenuation wild yeast strain could possibly also be present and bottles could explode. That's why I don't think it's wise to make assumptions about the identity and exclusivity of contaminating microbes.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do some strains of Brett not produce any acetic acid under semi-aerobic conditions? I know there's some variability but I haven't heard of any strains that just don't produce it.

Cheers

so it was easy to find without doing any research that WLP700 for mead and cider (but often used in port wine beer) creates a biofilm. Now I’m not saying that my pellicle was not from the yeast, I’m just giving you a quick example with very little research of a S. Cerevisiae strain of brewers yeast that creates a biofilm (pellicle)

mad far as multiple microbes entering the beer...sure it’s possible. I’m fact it’s probable, however I am referring to what caused the acetic acid development and did not impact anything else.

I had a pellicle, I had acetic acid production, I had no off flavors...I had a evidence of Acetobacter. Now if you would like me in future posts to refer to the full Latin name, I will, but saying you have Acetobacter implies a member of the Acetobacteraceae family, not a specific species. Acetobacter is an informal name for the family, with dozens of species carried within.

there was already sufficient information provided by admin that one should watch for bottle bombs so your suggestions after digging around and realizing you were wrong are simply reiteration a of previous knowledge given so...thanks.

and to touch back on my initial claim that you act like an authority and belittle...perhaps you should go back and analyze your comments to all. You act like you know everything, and if someone questions you, you instantly go on the defense with snarky comments and emojis. It’s pretty evident that it’s supposed to be Rphguy’s show and no one else’s if you are commenting.

if it’s not your intent, cool; perhaps you should do a little self-evaluation and reflection. We are ALL here to learn

so it was easy to find without doing any research that WLP700 for mead and cider (but often used in port wine beer) creates a biofilm. Now I’m not saying that my pellicle was not from the yeast, I’m just giving you a quick example with very little research of a S. Cerevisiae strain of brewers yeast that creates a biofilm (pellicle)
Ken Schramm says in his book The Compleat Meadmaker (page 59) that WLP700 is Saccharomyces fermentati (syn. Torulaspora delbrueckii).

Acetobacter is an informal name for the family,
If it's all the same to you, "acetic acid bacteria" or AAB would be correct because this term includes other the genera.

does my beer got infection?
i pick up my homebrewed beer and i look at it....very clear beer with a little sedinent on the botton.

Once i open it all the sediments come to the top and the beer is not clear anymore.

do you know what's is going on??

at the taste is quite yeasty but looks like there is no diacetil or any other bad smell

i pick up my homebrewed beer and i look at it....very clear beer with a little sedinent on the botton.

Once i open it all the sediments come to the top and the beer is not clear anymore.

at the taste is quite yeasty but looks like there is no diacetil or any other bad smell
It doesn't sound like a contamination.
Is the level of carbonation normal or is it too much?

Sediment in the bottle is normal and expected, because it's the yeast that produced the carbonation and then settled to the bottom.

When you open the bottle, the change in pressure causes the release of carbon dioxide gas. The yeast at the bottom acts as "nucleation points" for the gas, which causes it to float up.

How long are you refrigerating it before opening? It would help to leave it refrigerated for several days before opening.

Welcome to HBT!

Lol ...

Torulaspora is non-Saccharomyces and therefore not "brewers yeast".

So juvenile. We don't need all the drama, we're just here to talk about beer.

while this has been fun and all in the name of actual science...I believe it should end here. That said: you have been provided a lot of information on biofilm and pellicle, as well as some classifications that you may not have known before. All in a good days work.

it is my intent to encourage others to recognize that one answer is not always the case, especially in terms of wild bacterial infection. We should be careful to instantly classify everything, but provided enough resources and markers, we can narrow things down.

truth is, narrowing down to Acetobacteraceae doesn’t really do anything for us nor does narrowing down to lacto, Brett, etc. all we are really accomplishing is putting a name to a face...but if we can classify using enough information (and sometimes throw it under a scope, put it in some agar and intentionally grow it) we can truly classify and begin to learn about the inherent differences.

we are all here to learn, perhaps we got too combative and failed to recognize the real goal here

At any rate: just as you made claim of people instantly thinking it’s bacterial infection, I want to put out enough information so that people don’t instantly think it’s a bad thing to have a biofilm. There is plenty of research available and at our disposal (especially now) leading us down the path of recognizing that unintended biofilm is sometimes just a product of your fermentation conditions. (Oh, if you are interested, I have a pretzel honey brown ale that’s been in fermentation for over a year...that has S. Cerevisiae brewers yeast on top of one fermenter that certainly formed a biofilm that many would call “yeast rafts” it’s fairly evident that it’s a typical book film that dead yeast cells created. If you are interested in pictures you can message me)

No commercial Sacc strains form the extracellular matrix that constitutes a pellicle. If you have an actual biofilm (pellicle), then you have wild microbes present.

Yeast rafts on the other hand are simply flocculated yeast (cell-cell adhesion) kept afloat by CO2 bubbles. The appearance is very different.

Dead yeast falls to the bottom of the fermenter, certainly after a year.

Thank you for posting a question about infection!

I agree with RPh guy. If the beer is bottled and a bit overcarbonated, carbonation can cause the yeast from the bottom of the bottle to rise. Store it at least two days in the fridge, preferably more.

I think it would be helpful to all of us if you could post a picture or two. From how it sounds, we are all in agreement that what you have going on is normal.

Quick questions:
When did you bottle?
How long has it been under refrigeration?
What was your final gravity before priming?
What style, and how much priming sugar did you use?

No commercial Sacc strains form the extracellular matrix that constitutes a pellicle. If you have an actual biofilm (pellicle), then you have wild microbes present.

Yeast rafts on the other hand are simply flocculated yeast (cell-cell adhesion) kept afloat by CO2 bubbles. The appearance is very different.

Dead yeast falls to the bottom of the fermenter, certainly after a year.

I guess we didn't beat the dead horse so we shall continue.
the FLO11 gene is proven to be responsible for biofilm production. That said, FLO11 is present in Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus
and OYL033 Jovaru Lithuanian Farmhouse contains the STA1 gene that makes it a Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus strain. That said, this commercial S. Cerevisiae strain must contain the FLO11 gene. A yeast containing the FLO11 gene can in fact cause multi-cellular aggregates with proteins at the liquid-air interface (hence pellicle without the presence of wild microbes)

News to me, but I hope you will appreciate it.

I would still like to send you pictures of two fermenters with differing versions of my pretzel honey brown ale in them so you can see yeast (and only yeast) on top of the surface after over a year. It could be quite interesting to you

Back