Damn did it agin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david00001

Reaction score
Hot wort or water, sanitizer, grains, who knows what it was this time.

image-3199924813.jpg

Dig it up. Its cooked. Literally. toss down a bit of garden soil, and reseed, mulch and water. Dont skimp on the seed. Get the stupidly expensive perennial stuff with no fillers and highest quality grass for your region. Then water daily once germination starts. you will be brown spot free in a month and the grass will be good to go for whatever your climate deals you.

I made a large dead patch when I dumped an infected 30 gallon batch. Lucky for me I had a bunch of dandelions that were in seed form so I planted them in the dead spot. I now have a wonderful dandelion patch!

I have sand, 35 feet deep .... try growing grass in that! It can rain for days and when it stops it is bone dry in hours.... have to haul swamp muck up the hill from the back to make the garden and the hops grow.... life on a sand dune.... sigh

Same here on the dead grass situation. Way too dry here in Tennessee. I am just hoping my neighbors don't go ape**** with the fireworks this year and burn my house down. They tend to go overboard with them. Which is fun to watch, but this year isn't a good idea.

Ive thrown spent grains on bad patches of grass on purpose.So unless its just coincidence,those spots grew in well.It worked for me.

Ive thrown spent grains on bad patches of grass on purpose.So unless its just coincidence,those spots grew in well.It worked for me.

Now that is just the kind of brewing wisdom that you can't get in any moldy book, only on HBT.

Back