Belgian Wit/Citrus beer with NW Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heffe

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been brewing for a year or so in Portland and made around 6 batches, all have been good and somewhat experimental. I really enjoyed Henry's belgian Wheat beer that had a nice citrus flavor.

When I look up recipes online they all use, of course, european hops. Are there any belgian wheat recipes or citrus beers that use hops grown in the Pac. NW such as Cascade, Centential, Mt. Hood, etc. As I just planted hops this year I'm trying to hone some recipes that will use the hops I planted.

Thanks everyone!

If you contact Falling sky brewery shop they might be willing to send you a copy of the orange wheat ale recipe they have on file or they have another wit, the title I cant remember. The shop is in Eugene and the recipe uses Cascade I think, but definitely stuff you get in the NW.

Gumball Head by Three Floyds Brewing company. Absolutely fantastic American Wheat that has the citrusy punch of Amarillo hops. There are a few clones out there.

Latest posts

Back