Founder's Breakfast Stout clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace3

Reaction score
Anyone have one? It's hands-down my favorite beer, but I can't get it anywhere near Omaha.

Nice stout with a crazy-intense espresso flavor... YUM.

I am also a big fan of their beers. I don't know about a clone, but it is definitely a fairly sweet oatmeal stout with chocolate and coffee.

This should get you started (from their website)...

You?ve got to love coffee to truly appreciate this phenomenal brew. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and sweetened imported chocolates, Sumatra and Kona coffee. Breakfast Stout has an intense fresh roasted coffee nose toped with a cinnamon colored frothy head that seems to never fade and makes you wish breakfast could last forever.

Specs:
8.3% ABV
25 IBU?s
Color: Black Unfiltered
Cellar: 1 year
Availability: Quarterly (limited production, pre-order only)
Serving temperature: 42 f
Glassware: Bubble glass

There's a recipe for founder's breakfast stout in the jan/feb 09 issue of brew your own. it's on pg. 11. Looks interesting, and delicious!!! I've never had the original, I think it would be impossible to find down here in MD.

There's a recipe for founder's breakfast stout in the jan/feb 09 issue of brew your own. it's on pg. 11. Looks interesting, and delicious!!! I've never had the original, I think it would be impossible to find down here in MD.

Really?? I really like this beer. I may just have to brew it soon. Now if only I could find a clone recipe for the Kentucky Breakfast Stout....

If you like stout look for Deschutes Brewing Obsidian Stout. Had it on tap at a place in San Francisco, it is great.

Deschutes Obsidian Stout is a very different beer compared to Founders Breakfast Stout

Back